Posts by cakes4fun

Tambien hay algo que se llama "Flower Spikes" que vende Wilton.Son unos tubitos de plastico que se pueden poner dentro del cake.Le pones unas 2 o 3 gotitas de agua y luego la flor...Aguantan unas 2 o tres rosas por ejemplo.Yo las use en un cake que hize recientemente porque no estaba segura si iba a daƱar el cake o no. Y eran fantasticos!!! El cake era de fondant..BLANCO..y los colores de las flores no le hizo nada.
Not sure, but even if they expected cream cheese I'm sure that they were very happy with what they got. Your cake sounds DELICIOUS!!!! Yum yum!! Would you mind sharing the recipe to that filling?! Also, if they did expect something else or were diappointed perhaps they would've said something to you.How about a canoli filling? Would that be the traditional italian filling? I have a pretty good recipe I found on the internet and I think its tasty.Let me know and...
Ahhhhhhhhh!! My computer crashed and I had all my pics on it and now I have nothing!!!!! I just sent it to get fixed....well, hopefully it can be fixed or at least I can salvage all my cake info!!! I'm working off of my laptop and its soooooo SLLLOOOWWWW!!! (grrrrrr!! ) So much for technology!!!! The worst part is that I have a 2 cake orders for next week and ALL MY INFO WAS ON MY COMPUTER on the cake matrix!!! AHHHHHHHH!! Can someone PLEASE PLEASE send me...
Mushbug9..looks good to me. But if you want to add some more....umm....lets see....why not add some sport items like a basketball, football, baseball bat. I know that chairs are hard but what able bleachers? Kinda like a long bench?Whats the event for? Maybe you can incorporate something from that?Otherwise it looks fine...sometimes less is more.
P.S. I just saw your pics...and they are real nice!!I cant ice a cake for the life of me....thats why I've stuck with fondant which doesnt always come out that great.You can ice, your roses are awesome, and your bear cakes are super cute!!!
Gibson...you read my mind. Its 1230am (NY time) and I'm sitting here in front of my computer...why? Because I cant sleep thinking about whether or not I'm in over my head. I completely understand how you feel....I try and try so hard and when it just doesnt come out the way I invisioned (spelled right?!) it, I just wanna throw the apron in and give up.Its true what many have said here so far...there are those that have lots more years doing this and more time to...
This has got to be the FUNNIEST forum EVER!!!!!! Tastycakes, you have got to post some pics of this wedding in May...we're all gonna be looking forward to this!!!! hahahahahah!! As for the dulce de leche....never heard of it being an actual cake but rather a filling....we use it alot in Argentina just like briancakes mentioned. I've done it many times and its a hit! I usually use the dulce de leche I have from Argentina ( which are soooo good) but when I've run out...
Oh, de nada!!Trato de usar los que tenia de Argentina ( yo se, si son muy ricos!!) pero ya se me acabaron asi que la ultima la hice con la leche condensada y sale bien y con sabor..... nunca la he tratado hacer de "scratch"....tengo que tratarlo.Dejame saber como te sale, ok?! -Rosie
Hi Karate....I used the Wilton icing colr and it seemed to do the trick fine.....I just had trouble with the MMF.....I cant seem to get the right consistency!! ugh!!! But the color was fine....go figure! hahah!Happy baking!
Claudia, recien hice una torta con dulce de leche relleno....es uno de mis favoritos!! Lo que hago para mojar la torta es que le pongo "Port Wine". Es un vino de bizcocho y lo puedes comprar en cualquier licoreria. Asi lo hacemos en Argentina....sale super Rico!!! Tengas cuidado mientras lo chorreas para que no se te va la mano con el vino....no quieres que se emborrachan la gente!! hahahaha. Luego le pones el dulce de leche.Yo cubri la torta con buttercream antes de...