Posts by usmdesigner

I'm not sure if this is the same one you modified, but it was posted on CC.http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-80371-0-days0-orderasc-.htmlAbout the 5th or 6th post down.I was actually looking over it this weekend and was going modify it myself. Of course you have to modify it on your own due to the fact not everyone's prices are the same in the grocery store. Also the quantities are most likely different as well than what you buy. For example: This formula...
Yeah, I have yet to actually try to "carve" a cake correctly. Now that I've seen this stuff, I'll try to practice on my next cake for sure. Thanks for all the info!
Thanks Vicky. I actually do 2 - 2 inches stacked. So this is exactly what I was looking for. It looks like it goes right along with the other page I linked, only that it gives the numbers and the other shows the cuts. This is what I was looking for. Thanks! That blog also helped as well.
Wow, so this method is very different than Wilton's style.But this helps a lot in showing kinda the minimum Vs the maximum I guess between the 2 different styles I now have more of a rough estimate I can look at.
I've viewed wilton's site and I'm a bit confused by how it is explaining it. Plus the fact that the chart that is shown, you have to sit and count every little section as they did not give a number out to the side.http://www.wilton.com/cakes/cake-cutting-guides/wedding-cake-cutting-guide.cfmThis is the site I'm currently looking at.All my pans are 2 inches high. So what would I be looking at if I did a 8 inch round and a 10 inch round? Is there a site that shows numbers...
That's what I think about this 3 ring binder plastic the more I look at it.
I think i have the same ones yellow?Something about them makes it kinda difficult to use. It may be the handle you have to work with, I'm not sure. But now that I think about it, actually cutting that handle off of it might actually be just the trick!Good ideas are flowing now. Good stuff
Man, that bowl scraper would have been perfect except for the beveled edges. I can imagine how the uniformity (is that a word?) might be kinda hectic with an uneven edge.As far as my meaning for google not producing much results, is the fact that the photo's aren't very good as actually having it in your hands. It's hard to tell the true form of that acetate just by looking at a picture. I mean in a physical sense of bending it, flexing, etc.Lots of great response...
Using Page protector might have been the wrong term. I was more or less thinking of the plastic used to put multiple pages inside that is then held together by that strip of plastic. I guess that would be called some type of "binder" although I never called it that. I usually referred to it as a page protector. And yes, an actual think flimsy page protector wouldn't be able to spread melted butter and hold up to any form of weight.I was more leaning towards the 3 ring...
I've used the viva as well, but it is really time consuming and ends up frustrating me, especially when it isn't hard enough and buttercream starts sticking to the paper towel. And of course in the long run there is more cost to having paper towels constantly.I'm trying to get off that wagon