Posts by usmdesigner

Here is my humble little opinion as a guy, and I'm trying to think like a bride This girl (or guy - which I doubt) is coming to you with an expectation of what she wants at her wedding. If she says, "just do whatever", she is taking a huge risk that she may not like the cake. Then what? Will the cake be redone?I'll agree that making a drawing would help a good bit. They can actually see the cake that has been done. But then you would most likely get into time...
Can this recipe be stored for use later down the road? If so, how long and where do you store it??
Yes, this is what shade I will be more or less going for. Thanks!
Thanks Sugar. Yes, that is a little to green.I will be sure to try mixing the white fondant with tints. Thanks all.
yeah, i wish i could see the green on a cake to see how light/dark it is.
Has anyone bought the green satin ice? I'm wondering how close to lime green it is.A. Can the green be lightened?B. Should I just get white and tint it green.Thanks!
I was thinking about making a taller cake and general google research isn't producing specific locations in lowes I see people using flanges on cake shows, but have never really thought bout what type of flanges and where the are located. I know floor flanges are at lowes in the pipe setion, but all I have ever seen is the kind that something can screw into them. I usually see someone screw in a flange and then just pop a pvc pipe into it, not screwing it in.Anyone have...
This seems reasonable enough to me. I've never had anyone go off and grab fondant extras and eat them. There just isn't any real incentive to do so. There is like, 1 person that rarely does fondant cakes in our city. Hardly anyone knows what it is.I would most likely asked them to just remove that before cutting it anyway. I'm going to play with some ideas over the weekend to see how it all works out though, and if all else fails (or I can't find a nontox pencil) then...
I had actually thought of this (but was thinking to paint it and not use a nontox pencil). Of course when I thought of it with paint, that way seemed like it would be filled with errors from me placing it and then get smearing.Your idea seems much better though. Any idea where to get the nontox pencel from? Walmart? Hobby Lobby? Micheals?
I'm wanting to paint the starbucks logo on some fondant but know that I'm not a good artist at all. (the black and white portion of the girl inside the green circle)Can anyone give suggestions of how I would do be able to do this without buying one of those printers that do the edible paper?I thought of printing out the logo and then trying to "trace" out lines with a pointed shaper tool, but my paper is really thick. I also thought about getting some parchment paper and...