Posts by usmdesigner

Have you tried the method of filling the cake and then (before fondant is put on) putting a small weight (I use a floor tile that has decent weight to it that has been suggested here before) and letting it sit for 1 hour or 2?This usually replicates the weight of the fondant and brings out any bulging ahead of time so you can smooth it off and then apply the fondant.
I have actually rolled a couple of 20 siders back in my younger years and would agree that you will want to make it rest on "one of the sides" to make it look better. 20 siders have a lot of points, but they never roll to a point and stop, they rest on a number and show a number up top.And while I'm not an expert cake maker by any means, I would "suggest" having some other dice if possible to really make the cake stand out.4 siders, 6 siders, 8 siders and 10 siders, 12...
Yeah, I could see the pearl not being a problem with seams for sure.I just can't figure out how the others can be seamless though. Gluing them would still make a seam. Maybe the picture is edited?
I was looking at this in Michaels the other day and was wondering how would you make it seamless if you are using say, the pink gum paste mold they sale.They show a picture of the cake and it all looks seamless. The strips you can make are only around 5" long though.Anyone used this before?
What is the cake boss program? You link doesn't work. (well not for me anyway)
Oh yes this does help.Any other suggestions on the straws besides candy melts?
So how about Duncans, or do you refuse to use them. How much is in that box?
Well that is his fault. Look at the drama and doubt it is causing, just due to him refusing to not have it edited.Certain things are fine for live TV, showing off your living and not having perfected it for live TV would not be one of mine. If I am "forced" to do it live, then I would dang well have it perfected where all these people (like this forum) wouldn't be questioning my methods or product. If I was showing how to do something with a cake but am a hobby baker...
I was looking into putting some wire decorations on a cake and went to Hobby Lobby last night to get some.I ended up getting 16 gauge because it looked like a pretty decent thickness. (is there lower gauge somewhere?) I hope that is thick enough to hold fondant balls on it.I got 3 yards worth, but then got to thinking is that going to be enough.Just doing a 2 tier cake with wires coming out that are bended like a lot of cakes you see with maybe some fondant balls on the...
Uhh.. yeah, I have problems with cutting letters. I won't be getting a cricut either, due to the fact I don't do this very often. But I have 2 sets of letter cutters where one is plastic like you are describing and one is small medal ones. Those I have HUGE problems using. I can never get the letters cut right due to them not "popping" out cleanly.Soooo frustrating. While I havent used the big ones yet, they seem like they'll be a lot easier to work with. But I still...