Posts by usmdesigner

Yes, I live in Mississippi. I will ask Micheals about the glyerine. At your store, was it in the cake isle? The gelatin I really had no clue in the first place where to look, so that information helps a lot.We do have a WinnDixie, so I will try them next. It doesn't seem like I live in the boonies since we have 2 Walmarts in 1 city, but I looked those flours over for 5 minutes thinking I might have just missed it, and couldn't find cake flour. Those names might help...
You are right! Every time they show someone saying how GREAT the cake is and that it is the best they have EVER tasted!You sound just like Buddy's mom.. lol.
I would try scratch, but I can't find cake flour in our walmarts. All they have is self rising and all purpose. And I'm not pro enough to go ordering offline for fondants and ingredients.I guess that's why I am only working with marshmellow fondant instead of other recipes, because I can't find Glycerine and Unflavored Gelatin. We have a Micheal's, but it doesn't have any of this either.
I watch cake boss and just started DVR'ing another show. Both shows are making cakes for people to eat, and not competing.I will see them put the cake in the freezer after they buttercream them, but I haven't seen an episode yet where they say they bake the cake and put it in the freezer before the buttercream. So I assumed it is the recipe that is holding the cake together like it does.I'll try my next one with no oil mamawrobin and see how that does.Any advice on the...
So I'm using this recipe from this site:http://cakecentral.com/recipes/1972/durable-cake-for-3d-and-wedding-cakesEveryone LOVES this cake, but my problem is that, while it is decently firm, it is not firm enough. (Letting it cool for 1 hour on a wire rack)I watch some cake shows on TV, and they are taking rectangle shaped cakes that have been edged off, and picking them up and flopping them down, and everyone still raves about the cake tasting good! This is the firmness...
I tried using the search function for the site, and when I typed in Chocolate Icing, I got all kind of results that doesn't have anything to do with Chocolate.I'm just wanting a good Chocolate Icing for piping and maybe a Standard piping recipe (one that can be colored) as well. Can anyone link one with good reviews that works?I'm a 31 year old Dad trying to get into making cakes for my newly born daughter and I came here because a google search could easily land me on...