Posts by usmdesigner

Ok going to try this.3 cups cake flour1 tbsp baking powder1 tsp salt1 cup milk (dont have buttermilk, but would like to know the difference it would make. will research)1 tsp vanilla1 stick butter1 1/2 cup sugar (because I'm adding more flour, overall the recipe would be lower in sugar)4 eggs1/4 cup sour cream (would like to know the taste difference as well)I did bring the cake to work without icing or anything, and the comment I received was "taste like pound cake". Now...
Good suggestions so far.As for sour cream, does anyone know how it affects the cake "taste wise"I also have read a little more and saw where some suggest jello pudding mix as well. It is hard to imagine how these 2 ingredients would affect the taste.A side question (as me and my wife had a disagreement on this). What do you do with the cake after you make it and see it is not what you really wanted?My suggestion was to throw it in the trash, as no one will want just...
I'm trying to lock down a scratch recipe and looked into making this one.2 1/4 cup cake flour2 1/2 tsp baking powder1/4 tsp salt1 1/2 stick butter1 1/2 cup sugar3 large eggs3/4 cup milk1 tsp vanillaThe author says it is light and fluffy but sturdy enough for wedding cakes, but this thing turned out so soft, I can't even flip it without a using a kitchen utensil of some sort.Any ideas on making it more sturdy? As far as the cake itself, it taste amazing, maybe a tad bit...
If you did that cake exactly like it is done there, it still has a lot of extra work to be done with fondant or gumpaste even though you aren't carving.I can understand how someone would say 80 bucks is to much (because I live in an area that would feel the same way) but then again I can understand how 80 bucks seems completely fair if not a little to low for this after looking at the details. 3D cake pan or not.I agree that folks that pay 20 bucks for a traditional...
Someone posted something similar to this a couple of weeks ago, and there was a question of if the site is legit or not.Can anyone confirm this at a legit purchase?
So at what point do you know someone has violated a copyright? For example, someone stated something about a mickey mouse cake.What about mickey mouse is copyrighted?Can a set of ears not be used in the world ever again? If I put a fondant apple on my cake, will the apple corp come get me?It seems there has to be a more specific criteria to break a copyright law. Like making mickey mouse's actually face, or making a laptop with an apple on it.
Lol. Just picking P.S. Peeeyuuu
I laughed at this one.When it comes to me, my wife might tell you to watch what you wish for!
I agree.While it would be a lot of 6" rounds, seems like that would be more sensible.Make a round, then just slice it in half, then put it upright on the side you cut and put them in a row.As far as volume per inch, it would still be the same amount of cake and it would require hardly no carving at all.When it comes to the turn, you could slice the half from end to end from corner to corner and then flip one of the halves around. This way you have more on one end and less...
Another bowl for your mixer. How simple to think of and I never have. LOL. That would be great."A stinking great kitchen" What odor will you choose? I hope that doesn't stick to the cakes. Gross.