Posts by craigas

Thank you so much for your reply but it is the sea theme cake on page 65. I think you might have looked at the green cake on page 66
http://digital.canadawide.com/i/127001 I have been asked to do something similar to the cake on page 65 of this link. I am not sure how to do the colour gradient on each tier or how to make fondant extend above the height if the tier without it flopping over. I would appreciate any help it ideas. TIA!
Thank you both :) I know you are right, it's just hard to swallow!
I have a home based cake business but bake my cakes off site at a rental kitchen.  I only do about $10,000-$15,000 in sales each year.  I have looked into liability insurance in case some one gets sick or something from a cake and wants to sue me.  For $2,000,000 my cost is $600 per year which seems like alot of money.  Does anyone have thoughts on this?  Thanks so much!
Thank you, thank you , thank you!!!!
Thanks so much for the info! The only problem is I can't stack the pans because right now I only own 12, 10 and 8 inch squares which I know won't work
I have had a request for a three tiered square cake to feed 100. The bride wants each tier rotated so they are offset. My question is what size tiers do I use to feed 100 and make sure the top and middle tier corners aren't hanging off the edge of the tier below it? TIA!
I would freeze it if you can, I think that would be easier than taking all your supplies and making it while you are there
HiI would start baking a week or two ahead and freeze them as you make them. They will be nice and fresh when you take them out about 2 days before the wedding.If I were you I would do tiers that are even like 14, 10 and 6. Or 12, 10 and 8. Depends how many people you need to feed.I never bake an extra because you would need at least one of each size and it takes a lot of time and money to do extra. If it makes you more comfortable to do so then do it Each tier need a...
Cream cheese icing, from my understanding it shouldn't be left out longer than a couple of hours. Am i wrong?