Posts by sweetmonkeycheese

I see lots of pictures of cupcakes where there are two wrappers (the thin kind, not the fancy thick ones), do they bake w/ both or do they bake in one and then placed the cooked cupcake into a 2nd wrapper. Also why do this, just for looks?
I want stiff frosting, but I do NOT want to make any just not in the mood. I want chocolate kinda like when I make chocolate BC, would I get a can of vanilla and add coco and whip, or get chocolate and add powder sugar?
http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2011/03/diy-colorful-dessert-stands/I wanted to share this, I have yet to try this but I hope to one day, looks easy and fun.Has anyone done anything like this before? [/img]
I can see how ppl even the young one might have a hard time w/ intserting the stick, I was hoping it might be easier than I thought (while already filled, I am sure empty and upside down it's a breezy) Amazon has them for about a dollar and free shipping ( 24 of them for about 27 bucks) That's not too bad, I think we can get a cute look w/ out them, but my friend seemed pretty interested in them so if she is willing to pay, that is not too bad of a price. Those really cute...
I hope someone sees this and can answer ....ok so it looks like you have to put together the cake shooter/ push pop - could we make them in the cup and have them just stand there and when ppl pick one up insert the stick? I am not sure how easy the sticks are to get into position, I dont want ppl having to struggle, but if it is not a big deal.....I wish I could get my hands on just one so I could play around w/ them.. I am guessing joanns or michael dont have these yet...
(back story, small back yard DYI wedding for my BFF) She wants to do cupcakes and I showed her the cake shooters ( I think a mix of looks is prettier then just 100 all the same looking cupcakes) and she really like that idea, but she asked how do you set them out of the guests? Good question I am not sure - Now I dont think we would do a ton of them, I think we are going for a mix of looks so it's not like we have to do 100 shooters, but how would you display 25- or maybe...
OMG you guys, this is why this place is so great I am not sure why but I would have never thought about the clear plastic cup or the shooters...The clear plastic cups might just be the trick, cheap and easy to pick up ( I think dumb old walmarts even has them) it's a small DIY backyard wedding in two months so I think it would be fitting, something Fancy (a layered cupcake) and an average normal cup, the mix of cute and simple is kinda cool
I thought about the tooth pick, but it's gonna be dark outside so I am worried someone would try and just bite it and get hurt - though you have to have a really big mouth to bite it! When I brought them to work one of the lady's was just that a lady and she used a fork!I worried about them drying out too, the place I got the idea from said to freeze them and that makes it easy to cut, I made these ones and freezed them and the next day cut them and filled them and then...
I made some layered cupcakes and they came out cute, but as I worked on I noticed many of them starting to lean...... I did use a half BC and half marshmallow fluff filling, do ya think that is the only reason they started to fall, could a stiff BC be all that is needed to keep them straight or do ya have any other tips to help.My friend is getting married and she was gonna make her own cupcakes (small back yard wedding) so as Maid of Honor, it will be my honor to take on...
Thanks, I'll go slow w/ adding the BC to the fluff, I am not even really sure what I am going for, but I think I'll know it if I get there. If not it's just for daycare so the kids wont mind!