Posts by CreativeCakesbyMichelle

How about doing a cake with her doing all the things she loves to do that she wouldn't be able to if she hadn't gotten the transplant? For an older transplant kid you could do something with lungs but since she's only 4 I think that would be over her head. And congrats on her transplant and hope she is doing well. I work as a nurse in a children's hospital and we get quite a few transplant kids, both pre- and post-transplant. And they are some of the most awesome kids to...
Just my thoughts: The majority of the referrals that you're going to get from this arrangement will probably be kid's birthday parties because of the other parents at the parties. But I'd think that most of them would be more inclined to use the entire party planning service as opposed to just the cake that was at the party. Also, typically these same parents are not going to be planning more expensive events such as weddings/bridal showers/etc. since they already have...
To me it looks more like your cupcakes don't have enough of a dome on top. I used the suggestion from other CCers to bake at 400 degrees for the first 5 minutes and then reduce to 350 degrees for the rest of the baking time and found that I had much better domes on my cupcakes. I think if you have more of a dome on your cupcakes then you can use a taller wrapper without covering the frosting and the liner will be covered.
Why don't you just freeze the round cake for next week if you've got space in your freezer? That would save you from having to redo the design for your baseball cake for this Saturday. Lots of people on here freeze cakes all the time with no issues and I've done it a couple times myself. Tested it on my family and they couldn't tell the difference and neither could I.Btw, I peeked at your gallery and your cakes are great! I especially liked your 'Frogs on a Lily Pad' cake
I ordered some a while back from Dallas Foam. They had the best prices and shipping rates I found. And the customer service was great. I'm not sure if their website will be blocked or not but here it is:http://www.dallas-foam.com/store/cakedummies.html
I don't think crumbcoating the cakes before freezing should be a problem. I've frozen a cake frosted completely in cream cheese buttercream before for about 2 months and it tasted fine when my family ate it. I know that BlakesCakes has commented on this topic several times and has even frozen fondant covered cakes with no problems. This link to one of the forum topics has a pic of the fondant covered cake and her instructions for the freezing and unfreezing process she...
I was recently given a jumbo cupcake pan and I'd like to make a few of the jumbo cupcakes tonight with the some extra batter from a cake I'm making but I'm not sure what to line them with. The pan makes 6 cupcakes and the dimensions are about 2.75 inches diameter on the bottom, 4 inches diameter on the top, and just under 2 inches height on the sides for each cupcake. I have some Reynolds brand foil cupcake liners, or baking cups as the package says, but they're too small...
Try small ethnic grocery stores. I found them in packs of 40 for $1.29 in a little Asian market near me.
I'd start requiring payment in full before you start any work on an order. Give them a time period in which you are available for pick up and if they don't show during that time then no cake for them. Then it's their loss and you aren't losing money because the order is already paid in full. And of course modify your contract to include this policy.
Not necessarily true. Due to HIPAA laws, patients can choose how much information they want released to people calling to inquire about their condition. If you choose not to have any information released they can't even tell anyone on the phone whether you are in the hospital or not.On a side note, I happen to think the customer is full of it.