Posts by JackiesCreations

Hey fellow CCers!  I must say, this had me CRACKING UP!  I completely can relate to A LOT of what's been said, so DITTO to y'all!   Here's one experience I'd like to share.  I was approached by a client for a quote on a tiered wedding cake with their design specifications.  After providing them with a quote, they said it was well over their budget.  Before I could even offer them other options, they asked if they could provide me with the cake {that they would put...
ok, so I know I already commented, but now that I'm trying to use it, I'm finding it very difficult. I know with changes we have to re-train ourselves, however, this new look may just make life harder which I'm sure is not what you were aiming for. I dislike that I can no longer access recipes I've saved, and not seeing my cakes stats. Would love the goodies of the old look back please!!
Like some CC users, I do like to see the stats of my cakes when I'm on them...it helps me see which ones are most liked by others. Any chance you could bring this back? This would make it PERFECT! Thanks. xo
Hmmm... frozen batter?? I am confused. How exactly does this work? Please do share because now I'm curious
Hi fellow kiwi! I just made my first IMBC tonight actually and I too found it way too buttery!!! And I only used half of the butter that the recipe called for, only because it started looking way too buttery for me. I added icing sugar to make it less buttery, and that seemed to work but the butter is still overpowering. I think it is our butter. I have seen the butters used in American youtube vids and theirs always looks very pale, almost white. Ours is very...
This is a great idea Rachel. Thanks for including me. I am from West Auckland. I tend to buy things from Milly's Kitchen in Ponsonby or online stores such as kiwicakes and The Cakeshop and Cakesfuff - whoever sells what I need at the time for less . Hi Strathmore, I can only imagine what it must be like for you. We are continually praying for you all in Ch-ch. I have three little ones so I can understand how worried you must be. I hope you and your family are coping...
Hi Sulia,To be honest, I use this recipe but NEVER have I used Hershey's cocoa (because it's not that accessible here). I use Gluten-free Dutch-processed cocoa and it's just divine! I have also used many other cocoa brands that can be bought from supermarkets and the results were still amazing. I do find it collapses easily, but I have never tried to substitute anything. I am interested to see how it will turn out once sour cream is used instead of milk. Thanks guys...
Hi guys. I, too, am from New Zealand but in Auckland City. Like Zespri, I have been glued to the radio and on the internet with updates on nzherald.co.nz. Hearing of the recent tragedy was heartbreaking. I find myself in tears at every update I see, especially at the rising number of people dead. My cousin is studying in Christchurch and he was very fortunate to be unharmed. My aunty flew him up here to Auckland at the next available flight. He is pretty shaken up...
Hi fellow CCers! I have been asked to do a barbie themed cake for a 5 yr old girl who is allergic to both gluten and eggs. What kind of ingredients do I need to buy for this? Can I use any of my existing ones or do I have to buy everything specially? Can fondant be used too? Or not? And please if you have any recipes that have been successful please do share? Preferably chocolate, but I'm open to any suggestions. Oh and I'm looking to do something like the Snow...
I, too, use plastic straws. You should look up bubble tea straws, they're bigger and better, but normal straws work just as well. All the best!