Posts by ShaunPepe

It sounds like she just found someone cheaper that could produce what she wants. Many brides are just about the cost. Plus why would you want to waste your time on a consultation when she goes with someone else in the end.
I had never tryed it before so I figured I would have to make it. It was from scratch as well. The day I made it, the taste was nothing special. I wasn't sure what all the rave was about and it definately needed the cream cheese icing. However, the next day after sitting in the fridge overnight it was AMAZING with the cream cheese icing. I kept cutting pieces all day hehe. I plan to make another one over the holidays because I have been craving it. I would say the...
hmmmmm you say you are dreading doing both, yet you are still going to do it? Good luck to you then. I was in a wedding last year and made the cake. However, only the top tier was real so I delivered it Friday afternoon before the rehersal. Are you not expected to be at the rehersal or the after dinner? Are you going to finish the cake friday and then set up/deliver early Saturday morning before you get your hair done? I think you can probably do this if you give yourself...
That was real low of her to take her kid out of daycare. You are obviously better off without her. I am shocked that you never had any problems before with this women if you were making birthday cakes for her. cakelady2266 - your story is great! I would hope more people stand up to those bullies trying to practically steal cakes. I am fairly new to Cakecentral, only been reading posts for a couple months now. But I think the most valuable information I have been taking...
Your flowers are really nice. Great job.
I love this!
NO NO NO! Please don't work for free! Because that will be what you are doing. $20 for any kind of cake is giving it away. Even $40 for a cake is cheap no matter where you live. Anyone not willing to pay $40 for a detailed cake is just trying to rip you off and get a deal.
I too have seen this exact design on a few cake websites. There is actually one in my town using this template. I think you can go ahead and ask the other cake decorator, but honestly if I had spent hours chosing a design and puting up my website for my business and then another business asked me to change it, I would say no. Especially if it was from a decorator that produced nicer cakes than mine. Sorry for the honestly, but i think you are going to have to face the...
I would definately not charge anything less than $95. I am just getting into selling cakes and it is hard to figure out pricing. Your dress sounds like alot of work, there is no way I would make the cake for less. If she still complains tell her no.
That's a good question. I hope it's something really large and grande. I am sure there will be pictures at the time.