Posts by ShaunPepe

Thanks for your help. I almost lost this post because it was moved plus had posted first in the moldmaking forum and it got deleted. I think I may just give up on the leaf idea and keep the silicone for making a lace mold in the future. I have made leaf veins by hand before and they turned out great, just alittle more work. I guess most of the people that have made silicone molds have bought all the extra products and supplies you need already too. Thanks though. I was...
Ok I have some silicone putty and I was plannng to make a leaf veiner this weekend, but now reading the instructions I found on CC on how to make a double sided leaf veiner (I found it in the Makeyourownmold.com forum and I have never used silicone before) I don't have the clay to use with the leaf. I also did not buy any sort of Release-dit. Is there any other alternatives I can use to these products? I live hours from any cities that would carry these products, so I am...
Her cupcakes are 20 for $35. Cakes start at $60 for a 6", $80 for 8". So maybe that is where she is hoping to make her money having people order larger cakes. But then you could just buy 2 coupons for $40 and then get $130 worth of cake. I'm interested now. I'll probably follow her on facbook now.
hmmmmI actually bought a coupon today for myself. It's my birthday in a few weeks and I figured for $20 I can get a small cake or 38 or so cupcakes. So I'll let everyone know what I end up with. Especially if I don't get what I thought.They have a website and facebook page, looks like a one woman business, but I could be wrong.
I am sorry if the business that is running this groupon is on CC but this deal is all I can think about today, so I had to ask other CC's their thought. How do you think this business is going to make any money on this deal? It is a www.dealfind.com deal. The company is offering $65 worth of cake or cupcakes for $20. Plus they will deliver for free! You can buy up to 5 coupons and they can be combined at once to get a larger cake or order. So far they have sold almost 470...
Wow congratulations! Everything has seemed to work out fairly well for you. That's great that you got to work up until they were born. Most people I know with twins were not allowed by their doctor to work after 26 weeks, healthy or not.
You have plenty of time still (This from a mother of toddlers who does all her cakes after 8pm). You can do it!!
I've tried chalk too. I coloured the leaves in my fall wedding cake in my gallery with them. However, I really prefer petal dust. It is so much more concentrated and works better. And grinding chalk was not fun. As for a shine, I don't see how you were going to get any shine or luster out of chalk. The colors are very matte.
If you know the game then I need your input. I have only seen a handful of cakes on the internet. All similar versions of a deck of cards. Anyone a fan? What else could be made into a cake and be really cool to a huge Magic fan?
I have made black a few times, but in small quantities, and was able to get the right color. However, today I coloured and covered my first 10 inch wedding cake tier in black. I will NOT be doing that again. I eventually got the right colour (I started with making chocolate MMF), but the fondant ended up tearing alot. I was not that pleased with the end result. But luckily the tier will be covered with lots of white piping and it is only up close in certain light that you...