Posts by PolishMommy

I just noticed that ICES membership is $60. Ouch!!! I'll have to save up...
Like you said, Susan is the local rep. Below is what she said in an email to me yesterday. The best thing to do is to join ICES and we can join in on the fun. Unfortunately, I'm booked up for weekends in January so I won't be able to go until at least March...Email from Susan:Thank you for your interest in ICES. In Mass we host 4 meeting/demos per year, the last Sunday in Jan., March, June and Sept. The details are not completed yet for the Jan meeting. When you join...
Hi everyone, just wanted to give an update. I sent an email to Chris Olson, of the ICES board of directors representing our area. She gave me the email address of Susan Johnson, thevioletrose@comcast.net. Susan is the ICES State Representative for MA. I sent the email last weekend and haven't heard any reply yet, so I just now emailed Chris back to let her know. I'm impatient, huh?I'll give you another update when I get any info...Cross your fingers for not much rain...
I'm here because the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, and the way to his extended family is by baking them pretty and yummy birthday cakes!!!
I just sent an email to the ICES rep in MA territory to see if there are any events coming up. I'll let you know what I hear back...If anyone else is from MA or New England in general and is interested in a local event, post on this thread so we know who's all out there...
Here's a good thread on that topic...http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2660-purse.html+cakeI'm hoping to make one next month for my cousin's birthday, she's into fancy purses!How are things in Pittsburgh? I went to CMU, but haven't been back since graduation in 99.
Congratulations!!! I have a 2 year old and a 9 month old, so can understand the joy you're going through. (we're thinking about a third soon, shhh!)They should call it 24-7 sickness! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.Your cake was so cute. What a suprising way to let your mom know!
Thanks everyone. I guess it could be a lot worse, January is 3 months away. I would be dying if they said next week!!! I just need to take a deep breath...everything will be ok.
Great job! Welcome to CC, you're going to like it around here!!!
I always plan out what I'm going to make. It's almost like a lab procedure report. I have sections for pictures, ingredient and tool lists, and procedures. The more planning I do beforehand saves time and avoids most problems.