Posts by dchinda

Thank you everyone for responding! I use Michelle Foster's fondant not marshmallow fondant that uses gelatin, milk, corn syrup, butter, glycerine, vanilla, salt & powdered sugar. Shazza-I will have to give that recipe a try that uses crisco instead of butter & see if it makes a difference. I am just confused as to why 2 tablespoons of butter would make that much of difference in the color of the fondant.
Faradaye-Thanks for responding. I only use 2 tablespoons of butter in my fondant. Can anyone else help me with getting wedding white fondant?
Thank you Enga!
Cassie-thank you for responding. I always use clear vanilla in my fondant as well. I've tried the white Americolor before & it was really runny & didn't work very well. I have attached a photo of the cake I am talking about.
I have attached a pic of the final cake. Thanks again for all your help!
I make my own fondant using MFF. I just made a white wedding cake with pink roses. But the white is more of a cream or off white. I also used my air brush to spray the pearl sheen all over the cake to give it a sparkle sheen. What could I do to make the fondant a pure wedding white in the future? Thanks in advance for your help!
This is probably too late to help you, but I thought I would still respond. If you are talking about the yellowish-green colored softball, I used lemon yellow & added a touch of green. Hope that helps!
I actually ended up just burying 9 in. pans from a restaurant supply store in my area. I was pleasantly surprised how inexpensive they were & they are good quality too!
I used to use MMF as well but I kept having problems with the final product not being consistent. I have been using MFF (Michelle Foster's Fondant) for the past couple of years & I love it! This is also a gelatin based fondant. You can find this recipe under the recipes tab. Just type in Michelle Foster's Fondant. It is so much cheaper than buying already made fondant & I think it tastes better as well.
Thank you for the advice K8! I actually had to trim a tier a few weeks ago because I changed the design of my cake at the last minute. I was very surprised at how easy it is & you can't tell once it has been covered in BC & fondant.