Posts by victorialovescake

Hello!I just received my cattleya orchid cutters from Sunflower Sugar Art and there are no instructions! Has anyone a copy they'd be willing to share with me? Thanks in advance!!
Usually cupcakes sink when 1. the oven temperature isn't hot enough or 2. they didn't bake long enough. I don't know if the milk actually curdled or not. Sometimes when adding in milk with a butter mixture it gets the look of being curdled without actually being so. It's usually best to add flour to the batter first before adding the milk as it blends better.
Hi there! I have the cutter in front of me right now. It is just about 2 1/4" across the bottom. Hope I wasn't too late to help!
Hey everyone! One of my friends is getting married & asked me to do her cake. I'm not an expert or anything, but she sent me this photo of a cake she really liked. It's stone cold gorgeous; however, I'm really not sure what kinds of flowers are in this other than the roses and orchids, especially the small ones that are sort of cascading out of the top. If anyone can tell me what they are--and even better, where I could buy the types of cutters or a tutorial on how to make...
I'm having a hard time keeping up with what some customers want in regards to cake pops in terms of flavors. Someone asked what candy flavors I offered and I sent a list of what candy flavorings I had. When she placed her order and I delivered it, she was under the impression that the cake AND the candy were going to be that flavor. Does anyone have any sort of form or sheet they could share so that I can specify what cake and what candy flavors are available? She was...
I know, it is ridiculous... good idea on the topsy-turvy type cake, I like that, I've not tried a cake like that yet! And Jim laughed so hard at the raptor on the shark I thought he was going to make himself sick!
Brown butter is easy but delicious! Put 1 stick of unsalted butter in a small saucepan. Melt it slowly over medium heat for about 10 minutes until it is a nut brown color. Slowly pour it into a bowl and leave any burned bits behind. Then add 2 cups of powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and 2-3 tablespoons of milk to thin it. It worked really well for dipping the top of cupcakes!
Brown butter is great, with some sage, also cream cheese is good too!
My fiance has been accepted to medical school! So to challenge me, I have to make a carrot cake (his favorite) with a fondant topper of a raptor (dinosaur) wearing a cowboy hat riding a surfboard!!! Anyone have any ideas/suggestions/links to a tutorial that they wouldn't mind sharing with me? I have no idea how to do something like this (which I believe is why he chose it, hee hee). Thanks in advance!!!
Oh that high on utilities! What size is your shop?