Posts by melyissa

That sounds like a difficult job. The BEST thing you could do is use styrofoam for the bottom half of the tire & stack layered cake for the top half of the tire. Does that make sense? If you try to make the whole thing out of cake you're going to have a very hard time supporting it. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions. I'm sure there is a better way to explain this!
Ok, so I need to make a "dummy cake" and I want to make the "cake" out of a mixture of puff rice cereal & royal icing (so it is stronger than rice krispy treats...like Styrofoam, but not as expensive). But I can't remember the ratio! Does anyone know??? Please help. Need to make asap. THANKS in Advance!
So, my friend called & asked me to make a bridal shower cake next month for a mutual friend of ours. I don't know her extremly well & they have no ideas as to what they want....just something unique and not "just flowers". They said a sheet cake...but I don't think that's set in stone. If anyone has any pictures of a unique, pretty cake that could be used for a bridal shower cake I'd love to take a look at them! I was going through the albums but it...
I can't give you a tried and true answer, but...I would think it could work. as long as the transfer is not REALLY thick and heavy...but again, I've never tried it.Good luck, sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Hey fellow CC's. Once again, it's the middle of the night and I need your help. I made and am donating ganache covered brownies to a bake sale happening at my work tomorrow (raising money for the families of a local military base who's soldiers are in Iraq). I've just finished my ganache covered brownies and they are ooooooh so good, BUT I can't decide what to package them in. I have little zip lock bags or cello bags....but I don't want them to get all....yucky in the...
thank you all for your quick and helpful responses!! i'm going to go at it for my....fourth round or so I think i'll try the shortening first (it sounds the easiest). does anyone know if i could make poured fondant with "dry fondant"? i bought it a long time ago from the store i work at and used it for chocolate covered cherries (to make the syrup). i am about out of confectioner's sugar so i can't use the recipe i see on here....This is just in case the shortening...
Ok...so I thought I'd make petit fours....they're for work tomorrow. I got them all stacked, filled and covered in buttercream (about half of them so far)...That was a pain in the butt, but they look okay. So, I bought candy melts....I've tried using a squeeze bottle like good ol' Wilton says to do but I should have known that wouldn't work well. I tried adding Paramount Crystals to it (to thin it out) and dipping it, but that didn't work either! I can't seem to get my...
Thank YOU!!! You put it so simply I feel like I should have known all this already, but you've helped tremendously. Thank you very much. Now I got to get to gettin'. I wanted to have them baked and stacked tonight, and ready to decorate tomorrow!Thank you again.
anyone? please?
Hi All! I've decided to make some petit fours for someone's b-day at work. I really want them to look nice. I bought some boxed pound cake mix and I'm going to use "super white" candy melts with a little paramount crystals (to soften it just a tad) to cover them. Here are my questions...1) Anyone know how many cups of batter it takes to fill a jelly roll pan?? I completly forgot the measurements but I think it's around 11x15x1? Maybe? It's the standard Wilton "Large...