Posts by jtcreativecakes

I have a question that I havent been able to find on the net. First off I rolled a mixture of half gumpaste and half fondant using shortening. I used mini christmas cookie cutters and cut them out. They are nice and dry and i wanted to decorate them now with royal icing, but my question is since I used shortening instead of powder sugar to roll them out witll this cause the royal icing to melt and not get hard??? I know you have to degrease everything so I didnt know if...
hmm maby I could use 2 boards instead of one?( Does anyone do that?) I get my boards from bakery crafts, and the brand of icing is karps bestovall by brill. When I worked at the bakery I use to use a butter cream called country white, by Allan. When we were busy with holidays we use to order the brill icing in colors and I always loved working with it and also I liked the taste, but I only used it for borders and decorations, not to ice the whole cake like im doing at...
Ive been decorating cakes for 5 years now, and just quit working at a bakery I loved, due to having my second baby. Im still doing cakes on my own though. I ordered a awesome butter cream icing that decorates beautifuly but !!! When I finished stacking my wedding cake all these cracks appeared Out of 5 years of doing cakes at the bakery this has never happened, now all a sudden this problem at home?! Has anyone else had a similar problem? or has any suggestions I have...