Posts by KalisCakes

Thanks Jason. That's what I was thinking too. I know they're upset. I would be too if it had happened to me. I'm trying to put myself in their shoes, as well as keeping my end of everything in perspective. I want them to know that they are valued as customers, I do take what happened seriously, and while I feel that the fault doesn't legally fall on my end, I am still sympathetic to the situation. I want them to know (without being rude about it) that by going back...
Jason, it was $1750 total. that's tax, delivery, setup, everything. Served 275
Thanks for the alternating view Diane! That's part of the reason I love coming here to run ideas and get advice so that I can have an overall idea of how to proceed. I used dowels and styrofoam wedge seperators. The bottom three tiers had a dowel straight through. then the next two tiers had a dowel straight through, and then the top tier was on its own. The way the cake fell over, the bottom three tiers were still intact, but the top of those three was smushed. ...
So here's where we are at so far: This morning I called the groom and left a voicemail. Ignored a call from his sister (the one who at the wedding was acting as their wedding planner). And finally I just emailed the bride and groom, with an opener as follows:" Thank you for your patience in our response; Monday is not a normal working day for us. Our office operates on Tuesday-Thursday, from 11AM-7PM. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvienece you both...
That's a great idea Deb! I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks!!
Thanks for the advice everyone. The reason I'll be calling them on Tuesday is because they asked me to so we could discuss what happened. Given the sister of the groom's email and one I just received about 10 minutes ago from the bride, I'm not totally looking forward to it. (Her email was titled "Saturday's disaster"). I know legally I'm not required to do anything, and while I'm about 99% positive someone was messing with the cake, I can't prove it, and I still feel...
Absolutely they were aware of the two hour set up and the no fault damage clause...@Jason... That's how I planned to start the conversation. I just got an email from the sister of the groom ranting about what reimbursements and compensations they will be receiving. Seeing as how the contract isn't with her, I'm not going to reply to her. I'll be calling the bride and groom in the morning, but I guess I'm just thinking I should prepare for the worst, and hope for the...
Saturday we had a wedding... 6 tier topsy turvy with cascading chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate covered strawberries in between the spaces on the tiers (does that make sense?) Delivery and set up was supposed to be between 3 and 5 so that I could stack the cakes and dip and add the strawberries. Got a call last Thursday saying I would not be able to set up the cake until 6:30 when the hall turned the air conditioners on (reception started at 6:30.) Long...
Hmmmm.... what are you doing on the cake? Brown sugar can always be used as "sand".... you could use that for the cake base board (maybe make it a little bit larger than you normally would), drape blue satin over a regular cake stand to replicate water, and have seashells placed on the "sand", "water", and table with some pretty votives and tropical flowers.
What state are you in?