Posts by FromScratchSF

I had to pull it down - there were some pretty glaring typos.  Man, this past few days has been brutal.  Just brutal!  First my hard drive in my PC completely died.  Then the external back up didn't work, so I'm on a loaner laptop which is great - but none of the programs on it are newer then 2003.  I rushed out the etsy version but pulled it back down because the typos are BAD.  Anyway I'm fixing it and will re-post, and send corrected versions to anyone who has bought...
Aw thanks gals!!!  I really appreciate your support - this has been a labor of love for so long and I have had a run of jusy absurd bad luck over the past few weeks I thought it would never get done.  Anyway thanks again and feel free to PM any questions you have.   PS  OMG it's expensive to sell that type of thing on Etsy and take credit cards and Paypal and all that other junk.  I'm sad at how high I had to price the item but there are so many corporations with their...
 Is 100% right.  Sorry OP, you do not own the cakes or the photos of the cakes.  The bakery you worked for owns them and has every right to tell you no. - and should tell you no.   Look, I'm a bakery owner, and although I don't mind my employees posting photos of cakes they helped working on, they better not ever claim them as their work or "their cake" because it isn't.  Its my client, my pans and ingredients, my recipes, my vision, my design. my reputation, etc.  If you...
Yay!  Someone reads me!  Thanks MB, that little should out of love means a lot, and I'm glad that you enjoy it.
 I;m glad!  I'll get it posted back on the blog soon, I promise, in the meantime please don't share it.  Thank you!
Not all recipes are created equal, and there are a lot of bad recipes out there.  Also, you need to understand the science of the ingredients that go into them and the mixing method.   Best of luck,   Jen
No I don't think it's necessary. Lots of people ask me to make figures and I generally turn then down.  I hate them and think mine look so terrible and am embarrassed of almost every one  I've ever made (although we are our own worst critic, no?)   But actually at least having some knowledge of how to carve cakes and what goes into them is very handy to have in your tool box so just knowing a little bit, even if you don't want to sell carved cakes, could be useful for...
It must be really cold in you kitchen!  Stop mixing, take your bowl over a steaming pot of water and mix fold slowly until it starts to come together and get to the nice soft consistency we work with.     Edited to make more sense.
 I am minimally charging for the recipe now but haven't figured out how to do it.l  It's my mission to figure out how to do today.  It's not as easy as I though it would to just add a stupid button to the blog!  LOL  Anyway I'm sorry I'm working on it right now.
The Cake Bible talks about it extensively and is highly recommended.  So does Bakewise.