Posts by FromScratchSF

Hi!   There are three types of contamination - biological, chemical and physical.   Chemical means bleach or solvents spilled into the food making them unsafe.   Physical means stuff that falls into the food that is not supposed to be there - debris, rat droppings, bugs, hair etc.   Biological means disease containing bacteria means molds, yeasts toxins, viruses etc.  i.e. weather a food is prepared properly and if it is shelf stable or required refrigeration to...
 You are breaking the emulsion by applying heat, that's why it's turning yellow.  There is no need to heat your spatula or scraper, just scrape and carve away!
Signature line!
Thanks guys!  
The un-edited and un-proofed version of the mini book went up by mistake and sold out so fast before I realized it!  I had never sold thru Etsy before so I completely messed it up that up too and didn't actually have a Paypal account so that was a disaster....  Anyway that's why I'm being extra careful to do it right this time.   Yes, it has a whole additional section with pan weights and all typos corrected.  If you purchased the recipe thru etsy previous you will get...
The un-edited and un-proofed version of the mini book went up by mistake and sold out so fast before I realized it!  I had never sold thru Etsy before so I completely messed it up. And then had a complete hard drive failure so getting all my software back and etc. ug.  Been not good. That's why I'm being extra careful to do it right this time.   Yes, it has a whole additional section with pan weights and all typos corrected.  If you purchased the recipe thru etsy...
 Hi everyone!  Yes, I will have it for purchase very soon.  I'm sorry for delay, and I would appreciate anyone not sharing it if you have it.  The new version is almost done and will be back up next week.  I don't want to get busted for "advertising" here, as links to where it can be purchased were deleted by management, so please make sure you follow me via my Facebook/Etsy store or send a PM. Thank you for supporting small business! Also, nobody has my permission to add...
Oh HI!  I've been away for a while, sorry about that, life in the way and all that.  Just a reminder, upload your photos to the galleries then hyperlink it here, and make sure your comments are on the photo, not here!  Also, start your comments identifying yourself as a member of the cake club.  PRCC or something like that.
Well like I said, I don't think it would have mattered where you posted it, it would have popped up on the home page as a "New Topic" and it would have attracted whomever wanted to answer your question.  I know a lot of us just look at "New Topic" because it's just on the home page.     Like I said though, please post your cake for review in the cake club, it's full of really great people that offer direct advice on your cake and can point out all kinds of details that...
Actually I don't think that most people that answer the forums really pay much attention to where the topic is posted, they just see it as a new topic, just like I did and it was something I felt to answer? I know that long ago when there were a lot more business owners here there was a rule about the business forum as being no hearts and flowers, strictly business, but I don't know if anybody pays attention to any of that anymore. they just answer the question to the best...