Posts by FromScratchSF

All flowers/details are created in the ap, then saved to the notebook in the ap.
Its called a stage and yes it's legal and common.  I require 1-2 days, no pay.
That's probably it.  I have the free version.  Yes, there are tons of free doodle aps, I just picked that one because it was highly rated.  I had no idea it had a notebook function like that, so as soon as I saw it I was like, yeah!  I'm totally using that.  Again, I don't draw so when I do "sketches" they generally are things I Photoshop together on my PC using existing real images and it's after someone hires me.  This way I can at least do a little something at the...
And it's Free Doodle.
Do a search in the ap store.
Chris did a bang up job, I'm over the moon with it.     Who knew Free Doodle, you know, being free and all, would be useful as a business tool?  I mean, it's really for your kid to draw mustaches and devil horns on family photos while killing time at the doctor's office, but it has that notebook feature that makes it awesome.  I've been slowly opening photos of cakes I've done, erasing out everything except certain details like the flowers, then saving to notebook.  It...
Yeah it's not perfect but it at least gets a better idea then nothing, which is what I was doing before because I can't draw for crap.  So it's well worth the $ for me.  I look way cool now.
OK this is how I use it, pimping way overdue...   Create cake sizes for client.  I already have my prices for base cake in there.     Once we decide shape of cake, I hit the button at the top left that saves the image into your photostream.     I then open it in Free Doodle, where I have already saved snips of popular things from my cakes that people ask for.  This is what one page of my notebook looks like in Free Doodle:     Then I drag and drop onto the...
There isn't.  It's worth the $.  I can post pics on how I use it.  It's pretty awesome.
Yes!  Love it, worth the price.  Disclaimer, I helped Chris put in all the bits that have been missing from every other cake ap and he nailed it.  I get no money from it's sale, I did it because I wanted an ap that actually worked for me and my business so it was totally selfish.  It has cake charts, creates mixed sizes, accurate calculations, it's very useful.  Even the cutting charts are straight line and perfect.  I love it.  At consultations I create the base cake in...