Posts by FromScratchSF

Wow thanks!!!   I do it differently because I've gone to one too many weddings where I really wanted one cake flavor but got stuck with another because the bride and groom picked different flavors of cake for each tier.  The problem with that is there is a vast difference in the amount of servings from one tier to the next, which means guests get one flavor or another, and they never get to pick the flavor they want (at least I never have).  But if you think about...
I am a huge Carma's Masa Ticino fan and use it almost 100% of the time.  But for colors, I use Fondart.  It tastes the best of all the colored fondants out there, it tastes just like MMF, even the black doesn't have a chemical food color taste.  BUT - I can't work with it straight.  It's really hard to roll, stretches back on itself, tears, it has a weird spongy quality, and I can't get a sharp corner on it and I'm pretty good at getting my corners crazy sharp.  So I add...
I'm back!  I'll try and get thru some critiques this morning.   Batter up, load your pic in the galleries then give us the link!
OP, I feel for you, I really do - you put your situation out there and now you are getting the 2 cents you never in a million years thought you would.  I have no doubt you are embarrassed by this situation and are really regretting posting in the first place.  I hope you can rise above it because it may not feel like it right now, but WE ARE HERE TO HELP.  The problem is you are focusing on the moment when we (or me) are looking at the problems with your big picture....
I missed the baby crib.  Sigh.  Yeah, kids are also a big NO-NO in the workspace.
  I'm so sorry this happened to you, and I'm sure you are already upset enough about this, but you asked...   I am not familiar with all the laws everywhere, but there seems to be one unifying part of the cottage laws around the world, which is NO ANIMALS in your workspace.  You posted a photo of a cake for 150+ people with a cat hanging out in the background.  It's unsanitary and and I may be wrong, but probably illegal.  I hate to mention this first off and want to keep...
You can do all the same stuff to IMBC that you do to SMBC.  I have never actually just added cocoa, I normally just melt chocolate but if it worked for OP, it'll work for you :D
I'm sorry if you aren't understanding me.  You lightly pass a low flame torch near the ganache after it has already firmed up on the cake and has been scraped smooth.  It makes the surface shiny.  If you are "melting" your ganache you are doing it wrong. :D  
Glad you had success!  It doesn't happen often, but you can get a quick emulsion when the butter and meringue are the same temperature.  It will come right together in a mater of moments.  Yes, it seems like it's too soft but it's not.  People complain of the buttery taste but you need to add a lot of flavoring to it.  2 tsp. of regular vanilla would not be enough - you need to add 2 tablespoons of vanilla bean paste.  That will knock your socks off on how yummy it is....
Fixed that for ya! Glad you like my recipe!