Posts by KMKakes

Rather alot of cakes in a month.
I just want to find home and auto liability commercial insurance that wasn't going to cost me almost $79-$99 each per month just to have it. That cost is unrealistic for me to consider if I happen to not sell a lot of cakes.
I am starting my cake business under my state's cottage food law.(Rather, I made the foolish mistake of getting my license, thinking I could get insurance easily. Well, it has turned into a disaster for over a week and I am thinking about dissolving it before I even sell my first cake.) Many carriers and businesses in my area haven't heard about the law going into effect. Most of the quotes for home liability ins.were based off the larger catering companies (they are...
FINALLY!!!  I am beyond excited, and this is well overdue.  I am praying that all of the details are presented soon (my local Health Department was unclear when more specifics will be identified).  i.e. which food safety course, if any, will be/can be used; labeling; etc.
Tomswife, do you mind sending me the recipe as well?
Alabama is suppose to be bringing this up again in session again soon. Pray, call, email, and write a letter to your representative!
I am actually wanting the information regarding a commercial kitchen. We are converting my once garage now den into a commercial kitchen. It already has separate entrance, etc. however, the inner components as well as what licenses, type of permits, etc. are needed in AL to startup? As well as what specifications of the kitchen are needed?....
Today I went toy local Health Department and co op regarding the minimum specifics of what's needed in a home kitchen. Neither of them were able to clearly help me out; it was if this was the first time someone in my county wanted to operate legally from home. The HD handed me a thin stapled pamphlet from the co op regarding how to brainstorm the thought-NO specifics. Verbally, I tried to ask what was needed based of off online posts. Neither, were able to fully address...
Today I went toy local Health Department and co op regarding the minimum specifics of what's needed in a home kitchen. Neither of them were able to clearly help me out; it was if this was the first time someone in my county wanted to operate legally from home. The HD handed me a thin stapled pamphlet from the co op regarding how to brainstorm the thought-NO specifics. Verbally, I tried to ask what was needed based of off online posts. Neither, were able to fully address...