Posts by BekkerG

Hello, I've gotten a request for a white cake with buttercream and fresh strawberry filling. I've never done a filling before that wasn't just icing in the middle. I usually just use buttercream in the middle when I torte my cakes. So my question is can I just slice the fresh strawberries thinly and place them on top of the buttercream middle filling and then put the top layer of cake on like normal? Do I need to do anything special to add the strawberries in? Thanks for...
Thanks! I didn't realize there were Youtube videos that show how to do it. I'm basically doing it the same way...I guess I just need to practice to get better.
Hi all,I've done several cakes with fondant and I just did my first wedding cake. It turned out beautifully, but I had some trouble putting on the fondant. I'm just wondering what the best way is to apply fondant to the cake after it's been frosted with buttercream? I was taught to put the cake on something that will hold it up so the fondant is floating when you try and smooth it down and then trim off the excess, but I've also seen people do it on a flat surface. I tried...