Posts by lyndsayscott

I always torte.  Always.  Here is how I do it:   I bake in 2" pans, collaring my pans.  I get as much height as possible, and "save" as much cake as I can when I torte Only cut off as much as needed to get the tops totally flat.  This will save you a headache or a cake-tastrophe later I then torte in half in the middle I put in fridge or freezer for at least an hour. I take out of fridge/freezer and I use a Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper thick BC to make a...
  For dummies, what I usually do is charge the same amount "per serving" because I'm still decorating the whole cake (and really, that's my specialty!  Although I have to admit my cake is fabulous to taste!)  However, the area where I give them a "break" is the stacking fee for dummies, since I don't have the headache, stress, or supplies needed for successful stacking.  Many of my brides do 1 "real" tier in their multi-tier cake which they cut, and then the rest are...
I agree.  When someone asks me, I always politely reply "I would love to discuss this with you!  Send me an email at xxxxx@xxxx.com and we can talk further details."     FB is a blessing and a curse.
  NFSC is awesome.  The sides stay straight and they don't bloat!  I suggest rolling the dough between parchment paper, putting in fridge for about 30 minutes, and then cutting and baking.  When they are cold, they are easy to move and handle, plus you keep the crisp edges.
No, I meant your example made sense to me.  It was a good example.  My goodness...sheesh!   I understand this is a public forum, but boy-oh-boy...I believe in being overall positive and beneficial to the original question.  Yikes!  Other cake friends have warned me about CC forums, but I wanted to try it out anyways.  Goodness gracious...
How do you even prove that they saw, recognized, and used spoiled food anyway?  I guess you could, but it would be tough.   And yes, it makes sense to me.     And I will repeat what I said before...  
Me too!  Three separate times!  I really love their range of products, but my goodness, I can't constantly get new cards.  :(   I will look into the disposable credit card number.  Very cool!
  I completely understand that; however, hers already made sense IMO.  Now, obviously in his opinion, he didn't think it was the way he wanted it.  All I know is that it seems to be a change that changes the tone of the contract in a negative way.  If it were me, I would decline the change and move on with my business elsewhere.  I always read the fine print, but most of the time I respect the business owner and their guidelines.  If I don't like the way they run their...
I always send a thank you note to my customers after their order is complete and I include 3-4 business cards.  Works great!
countrykitchensweetart.com has GREAT cookie cutters!  I highly suggest them!