Posts by bellosoc

Good morning I am new in cake decorating but a few weeks ago I made some cupcakes for a parent school meeting and I use the Wilton recipe for butter cream  which is the only one I know how to do... But after I finish decorating the cupcakes and place them in the refrigerator the next day the butter cream was like a little hard and not so good. Is there a way to fix that?? or do I have to put a big box in my refrigerator to keep the cold out of it????
I am talking about the Gumpaste wire flowers. I had never make a cake with real flowers yet. I just saw a video of the cake boss and he is just placing the flowers directly into the cakes without straws or nothing just the flower tape covering the wire.... Should I follow his example? The problem with the straws I am thinking is that the cake has a lot of flowers all over the place and I if I use straws the cake will cover with them....lol.. I am just so scare of messing...
I been watching a lot of videos for decorating cakes, but I had also seen a lot of professionals just placing the flowers directly on their cakes all do they might be cover with flower tape. I don't even know if I should follow their example or if I should do it in a different way.? I always cover the flowers with flower tape but I don't know if I should put them directly on a cake or not. I have a wedding cake for Saturday and I don't want to make a mistake is the...
Can you send me the recipe please. Thanks for your advise...
I am afraid of making my own caramel for a cake and after some great advises my provider told me I could use caramel pudding as a filler.? is that true??? this client instead of having like Strawberry filling or flavor butter cream she wants yellow cake with caramel filling.... my provider told me I could flavor the buttercream with the flavor of caramel.  what can I do??? would it be a good idea to use the pudding as a filler or to just flavor the buttercream with...
I am freaking out. I have never use caramel as a filling on a cake. I have 4 weeks to figure this out. Anyone knows  where that I can buy the filling. I am afraid of making it because I read a lot of information about making it at home and scare me because a lot of people said they over cook it and didn't notice until they try to cut the cake and it could be hard. Can someone please help me??? I need help either a recipe that is easy to do without getting hard while it...
I had always use the buttercream to make a little barrier to prevent the filling from ruining the fondant. but I notice sometimes that one day latter the cakes have a gulp or bubble where the filling is. I don't know if I should do what I heard on a tutorial today to use a rope of fondant instead of the buttercream? The person was saying that if we use the rope of fondant will would be better to prevent the bubbles you get when the weight of the cake could make it sag......
Thank you all for all the help. I really loved all the recommendations and I am grateful to have a place where beginners like me can get help. Again Thanks to all..
I am making a Spongebob cake the following weekend and I need to make the decorations, but I don't know how early in advanced I could make the decorations, the decorations I want to make are sea weed (I hope I am spelling it right) and corals but I want to make them out of fondant but I don't know how early in advance I can make them. Usually I make the decorations after I had cover the cake with fondant but in this case I don't know how early in advanced I can make...
Thank so much for all your help I really appreciated. I forgot about the straws, thanks a lot.