Posts by megg5

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what size pan to use for a closed bible cake! I have 2 orders for this weekend! One to feed 20 and the other to feed 25. My first thought was a 9x13 cut in half and stacked! But wouldn't that look too tall? Please help!!
I just got a last minute order for a closed book cake! They need it to feed 20 people, would a 9x13 cake cut in half and stacked be ok? Or would it look awkward?
thanks everyone for the input!! I like the idea of putting their names together!!! Any other suggestions....non-name suggestions? Anything at this point to be able to write down and think it over! THANK YOU!!
Hi!! My name is Megan and i am now in the process of becoming a home based baker! I am looking into bakery names but am having a lot of trouble. I first liked "the cakery" because i just do cakes..But there are so many people with that as a name out there. Then i thought i am italian and love the saying Bella La Vita. So i thought La Bella Bakery..La Bella Cakes...and then found out they were all pretty common!! So help please!!!I wouldnt want to use my name, but i do have...
I had trouble putting the picture on here..so i put it under my personal pictures. it's the pink "juicy" cake!
How would I do the lid on this cake? Also how do i lay the scalloped edge fondant. I know there is the tool to cut out the scalloped edge, but do i lay the brown fondant on the cake, then try to cut the scalloped edge? Or roll my fondant out and cut the scalloped edge then carefully line it up and lay it on? Thanks in advanced!
I LOOOVEEE his chocolate ganach!!! Yummm yumm!
thanks all!!! I think i might give it a whirl!! of course on a much smaller scale!! I will post pictures if i find sometime to do it before the holiday!
Hi all! Just wondering if anyone saw the next great baker last night?! I loved the guys christmas tree, but they skipped out on how they supported the cake!! I understand you need a great center support. But they carved round cakes almost into a star shape, then off set each tier to look like branches! (*am i making sense!? ha ha) would they have used cardboard cut like the star shape under each tier, or plywood, or what?! Thanks!!
yummmm!! I just made some for my daughter's christmas party!! They were such a hit!!! ALL of the cookies were eaten!! And i looved the clean look of the cookies!! GO FOR IT!!