Posts by megg5

Your fondant is probably "sweating" from taking it out of the fridge to room temperture! It should go back to normal once all the condesation dries! You can speed up the process by placing it by a fan(clean** fan that is)
I would put it infront of a fan to speed up the sweating process!
Awesome! Thank you!! I will post pics when I'm done!
Anybody?
i have a buttercream cake with gumpaste roses cascading down the side! My question is what is the best way to attach the roses to the cake, toothpicks, skewers, wires? My fear is that the roses will be so heavy that it will "rip" through the side of the cake they are cascading down! Sorry I have tried to search for the answer on here but it isn't working! Tia!
Thanks so much for the help!
Thank you!! I have looked on a few websites and most were sold out of the size I need or they were sold in bulk! Can I find this white foil at craft stores (michaels)
I want a white cake drum but can only find wiltons cake drums which are silver! So how do I go about making my own!? I was looking at 1/2" think poster board, but wouldn't that show grease ring/ stain around the cake?
No response?! Hmm ok cake gods I'm calling upon you!! (**please!)
I just made a cake with a black dot border(buttercream, using wilton gel color) along white fondant. Right before the customer picked up the cake I noticed a faint pink haze around the border! How do I avoid this in the future? And if it keeps bleeding and the customer calls, is there a way for me to fix this? I did not have this in the fridge and I have ac! Although it is a little humid today! Tia