Posts by megg5

Thank you sooo much! I have already given her an estimated weight! I think I will do the disclaimer!
I have a wedding cake in july, the bride just told me she got an 8.5" high cake pedestal that is 10" round.   Her cake is on a 12" board. (cake sizes are 4"6"8"10" ALL FONDANT) I told her I was not comfortable with a heavy cake being on a pedestal that high and she said she would find another stand. But now she wants to use this! What do I do??   Im half tempted to say I will deliver and put on a table, but I don't want to be responsible to put it on a pedestal that...
Hello!!! As im running low on paper contracts for my cakes, I got to thinking about trying an online contract that I can send to clients in which they could sign it with an e-signature. Does anyone do this? If so what are your thoughts? Is it easier? Better? Worse? What website do you use to generate the contracts? etc... Thanks for your time!!
Wonderful! Thank you!! I do happen to have this stand, which would work perfectly! I guess it was just the "wobbly" aspect that scared me! It would make me nervous that somebody would really bump into the table and it would crash down!
20 views and no replies :/ maybe if anyone even knows what a cake with a pedestal in it would be called so that I could google it, that would help! Anything please! I have an idea of how to stack it, it just seems to me that a cake pedestal would be awfully heavy and it would seem unstable on top of a cake to me?
It looks like the 6" is sitting on a cake pedestal. How would I go about constructing this? I have only ever done regular stacked wedding cakes?
wow!! I like that!! Maybe I will purchase something like that and save my husband the hassle of making my structure! haha thanks for sharing the link!
Yes I do need the top of the 8" to be smaller than the bottom of the 6"   The bride sent me a picture of a paper figure she made to show me how she wanted it! My only concern was stacking the cakes on almost a point of the cake below! That doesn't give me a lot of room to dowel. (If that makes sense)   I was thinking of running a center rod down the whole cake and using flanges to hold up the middle and top tier. Im thinking if I do it that way, I will need to make the...
Hello!!! I need help with how to stack a pyramid cake like this!! My tiers will be 8",6" and 4". Im trying to think of the best way to tackle this!! I have an idea of how I would do it, but I want to get other opinions before I buy what I need! Thanks!!
tracyaem....I agree!!! GSA is a wonderful website with great products, great prices and great shipping...no one is denying that fact!! I 100% agree that the way this was handled was WRONG! They are allowing people to still purchase and with that allowing their personal information to be hacked! This couldve been taken care of by putting a simple statement on their website during checkout with a background of whats going on, and give people a secure option on how to buy....