Posts by sweetts99

Pam your cake is fabulous!! I will try to upload a pic of my inspiration idea, but I can never seem to get it on the topic?? I never thought about cutting individual panels. Thanks Texas_Rose!
Any help would be great! I have searched and searched for a tutorial and all I have come up with are ones for swags, they are great, but I need to know how to do vertical drapes along the sides of my cake. I have tried, by trial and BIG error LOL. My fondant wouldn't hold the shape (too soft maybe??) I have an idea in my head and it won't be still so If anyone could help me I would be so greatful.
Hey all I have been making snowflakes, butter bites, neopolitains, and cookie trees, not to mention fudge! Gosh I am tired.... am uploading now...Merry Christmas to all!
I have been mixing mine like this for a while now. I just do not like the taste of fondant I have been making MMF for a little while now too and I tend to mix in the modelling chocolate with that as well. I do not know about the satin ice fondant, but I hear it is wonderful.
I am only speaking for myself here:The argument of "I didn't know" can only be used once. I made this mistake myself not long ago and at the time, I honestly didn't think about copyrights. I don't think too many ppl really think about it much when we first start out. I know that for me, since it was brought to my attention, that I will not do anything else that is copyrighted. I was just telling this to my DH last night. I will contact the company, or purchase the...
kathie-d I hear you on that one! I made the same mistake. Now I will not do any cake for my friend. It is just easier to not mix my cakes with my friend anymore. Given time, she will see just how much I was discounting for just her.Dayyi - - pricing is hard for almost everyone. I still struggle. It is hard sometimes to quote a price (for me) because then I start thinking, gosh times are hard, maybe I am over charging. I have to tell ya, you have to stand firm, cause some...
Thank you everyone! I have been reading all of your posts and really trying to be objective and not stuborn. I never even thought about the copy right problem so that is something I am going to have to be more careful about. Thank you for reminding me.I have been doing cakes for about 11 years now but have always worked in BC until the last 2 years, so yeah I am still learning, and sculpting is new for me also. I kind of figured alot of you out there could have done this...
The attachment link is not working. I tried to post a picture but it just won't go. The cake is in my photos if you would like to see it.
This is kind of another question about prices and a venting please forgive me now. I have read alot of the posts about "How much should I charge" and I have been noticing that most comments go with the, depends on several things: Location, ingredients, what your time is worth, what are other in the area charging, ect... I totally get those answers and have worked hard to apply them to my cakes. Here is my problem: After planning this cake, they decided they didn't like the...
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I feel so much better! I was really starting to wonder if maybe I had done something to cause this. I so do not want to put mushy cake out there! I am very greatful to all of you for responding!