Posts by Mae_mom

Wow! You folks are FAST! Thanks so much for your help!!!
I'm going to be making a cake for my daughter's second birthday party but I need to make it furry (Like Elmo ). Which tip do I use for the furry look? I don't want to use the star tip like what is recommended for those shaped cake pan templates. I want him to be furry! Thanks so much!
Wow you guys are awesome!! Thank you so much!!!I do have one questions about the coffee. It's going to sound really stupid though.I'm not a coffee drinker at all...I don't even own a coffee maker. I'm wondering...what kind of coffee do you use? I'm assuming there's an easy way to brew it without a coffee pot, too? (Again, I know it sounds stupid; no one in our family has EVER drank coffee) Thanks!
Where is the best place to find a good variety of cake stands? I'm looking for things that are big enough for tiered cakes for weddings, etc. Just not real sure where the best place is to find some good choices. Thanks so much!
I'm game for making the cakes from scratch! I think I will try the recipe you posted! Now if I could find a good red velvet and chocolate recipe I'd be set. Red velvet is one of those cakes that I am just not a fan of, so when I make them, they all taste bad to me. I know it sounds a little odd but personally, I'm not a fan of cake...eating that is. Making and decorating...that's a different story. I'd never thought of white chocolate pudding mix, though!! That's a...
That's a great way to look at it. I have made loads of stacked cakes before...just not out of white cake. Mostly because I make my cakes for fun, birthdays, holidays, etc. and I always try different things with them...white (and chocolate) are just kinda boring to me. You know...I've always known that white cakes are stacked all the time, and have always been that way... just needed someone to say "buck up and do it!" Just one of those things I get stuck in my head,...
Hi,I sure hope I'm posting this in the right place. I'm doing a wedding cake for a gal but in the past I've always shied away from white cake since it just seems so light. I guess I've always been afraid it'll fall in. ?The gal is wanting, from bottom to top tiers: chocolate, white, red velvet, chocolate. So this brings up two questions of mine:1. I typically use the recipe I found here for cake where a mix is used along with pudding mix, sour cream, etc. I've not...
Ok.... so glass would be hard to keep clean.... Hm. Guess I never thought of that. And yes, the initial idea was a big heavy glass on the top of the tile...so the tile will just be for looks. The island will be one that will just be used for the cake stuff. When I'm not using it, it will be moved into a separate storage room type thing. What is the best kind of mat to use? I purchased a fondant roll/cut mat for a quick project last weekend and sort of demolished it. ...
My husband is making me a kitchen island to use for more counter space for my caking. I primarily use fondant, etc. I'm wondering....what would your suggestions be for the best surface for the top of it? I thought about tiling with glass over top of it, but wasn't sure that'd be best. Any ideas?
Um...... Okay. I'm going to go back to the whole groom cake thing.I've been to weddings with groom cakes before but never paid much attention to them. What is the typical size a groom cake should be? They are expecting about 150 people total...but I wasn't sure what the groom cake size should be in comparison to the big cake? I'm just trying to gather as much info as I can for when I sit her down to discuss the options with her. Thanks!