Posts by katiea

Hi ladies!   I have been asked to make my friends wedding cake and her wedding is going to be in a hot month in Australia! My question is, I don't want to use fondantas a finish as in our hot humid weather it can be a disaster! And i don't want to use white chocolate ganache as a finish as its more yellowy in colour and that will melt if it comes out of the fridge as well. My question is can royal icing be used as a finish to hold up under heat? Will it melt or will...
thanks for your help ladies! Cakes by Carla: I am having a practise run so i will give that a go and if i have any questions i'll ask! ThanksBonnell: do you have an airbrush or is it the colour spray in a can? I'm just wondering how i would make the stencil to spray it on?Thanks
Hello,My sister wants a leopard print pattern on her birthay cake which is hto pink fondant. I wanted to know what the best way to get the pattern on there. I saw the edible textas and i thought if i got a black one i could draw it on, but then someone told me she used one of those and it didn't come out very well and suggested painting with black food colouring and a paintbrush or making a stencil and spraying with black spray?What does everyone think? Does the black...