Posts by jason_kraft

This is incorrect. In California, LLCs are required to submit a company operating agreement to SOS (if they don't, they are subject to default operating rules). The operating agreement dictates whether or not meetings are required, so if you indicate that meetings are not required, then you don't have to hold them or record minutes.All corporations are legal fictions in that they are a separate entity (corporate personhood) as long as you follow the rules of the...
That doesn't make much sense to me. The likelihood of the corporate veil being pierced is dependent on how carefully you follow the rules for creating and maintaining the LLC, not how many members the LLC has.
If your target market is interested in handpainted cake decorations then I would push it more prominently in the booth signage, not to mention your marketing materials (your web site does not mention hand painted decorations at all). It's possible that the customers you are advertising to don't care about it, in which case you may want to shift your target.To clarify, are you saying that no one else does hand painting or no one else does free hand painting?
What are your competitive advantages? How does your price compare to local market value for your target customers?
Sorry, I should have quoted Stitches' post.Although theoretically if you make a high volume of primarily round cakes the same labor savings would apply for an occasional square order.
At very high volumes it probably becomes more efficient to have a constant stream of sheet cakes coming out of the oven and cut out the sizes needed for each order, with the waste being repurposed into cake balls.
Frozen yogurt is a very different business model...the closest analogous mainstream business I can think of off the top of my head is Nothing Bundt Cakes: http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/ There are a few local specialty shops that feature cheesecakes so it's not unheard of, e.g. http://www.thecheesecakeshoppe.com/ You could also look into a niche market, for example we sold a decent amount of vegan and/or gluten-free cheesecakes.
This is the key. Why isn't cheesecake big? What would you do to change that? How successful do you think you will be? Among product offerings from existing businesses in your area, which are substitutes and which are complements, and how will you address each one? What will be your differentiators? Are there wholesale opportunities?
There is no one correct answer to this question. If you already have a recipe and process that differentiates you from your competition based on your market research then you should be ready to go as soon as your business plan/marketing strategy is complete and you have identified a rental option that works for long-term profitability. If any of these pieces are missing it may take months or years before a successful launch is feasible.
Depending on supply and demand you may be able to negotiate a lower price on a commercial kitchen rental. Other alternatives may include church kitchens, renting a kitchen from another business during off-hours, or finding your own dedicated kitchen space (and potentially renting to others to recoup some of the cost). It's possible that a low-volume cheesecake business is simply not feasible in your area (meaning a dedicated kitchen or storefront would be a necessity), I...