Posts by jason_kraft

If something says "Not FDA Approved" it should not be eaten, it doesn't get more official than that.If you are referring to the "FDA has not evaluated this" statement on supplements corresponding to specific health claims, that just means the FDA has not reviewed the supplement's claim that it does X. The supplement itself is still safe to consume.
Some luster dust is food grade, meaning that it is edible. The luster dust linked below is also certified Kosher. I have never seen food grade disco dust. http://www.amazon.com/Food-Grade-Luster-Dust-Grams-Gold/dp/B00594DCGG
How is this spam?
We accepted cash and checks only. If I still had a business I would accept credit cards with Square and charge the additional fees to the customer (it is now legal to do this). I try to stay as far away from PayPal as possible.
The manufacturers of disco dust are not required to list ingredients because they are not considered food, so I doubt you will be able to find an ingredient list.
Play-doh is also non-toxic.
What is your marketing strategy? What is your competitive advantage (e.g. what you can provide that your competitors can't)? Who is your target market? I would avoid undercharging in the future, you will only attract customers who won't be willing to pay what your products are really worth.
There are many other options for advertising, if you are targeting brides or upscale parents who throw big birthday parties a free parenting magazine would be near the bottom of the list. Have you looked into targeted online advertising like Google AdWords?Another way to look at it is that you're paying $160/month for rent and insurance regardless of the number of orders you get. If you have no orders that money is already being wasted, so advertising is more of an...
What are your competitive advantages? Who is your target market? What is your specific paid marketing strategy (for example, what would that $350/month buy in terms of advertising)? How much is in your business startup fund? If you can't afford $100/month on advertising you will have a lot of trouble building a customer base without relying on luck.
Even better than a sticky would be a popup when someone posts a new thread related to pricing directing them to an existing topic before they can create the new thread.