Posts by eve81

I surely will. I'd love for us to be able to make your recipe at this side of the Atlantic The only thing is the flavourings. We dont have wedding bouquet (I think, is that even the right name? lol). Is that a blend of flavours someone could make at home? If not I'll settle for vanilla or something. would just love to have the texture of bc that you make those outstanding cakes with. I shall succeed! - taking some inspiration from Julie
I've actually been looking into that today Sharon. There's a product called Trex: http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/sainsburys-price-comparison/Butter_Margarine_And_Spreads/Trex_Vegetable_Fat_500g.htmlwhich is softened vegetable fat but none of the big chain supermarkets within a 50 mile radius to me stock it now(i think they're supposed to according to their websites though). we have cookeen:...
I didnt have a cake to decorate but I did have some cut offs from yesterday so I made them into a little mini rounded cake mound covered that with bc, chilled it for a while then tore off some of the fondant to see what it was like to cover it. LOVE IT! I didnt even use cornflour on the surface to roll it. and then I used the cut offs from the covering fondant to make a teeny bit of rope decoration and a couple of roses. didnt tear at all on me. Just checked the clock and...
Suzi at the bottom of your profile (when you click on profile at the left hand side) it allows you to change the time zone you're in. Does that help or is there something else that needs to be done?ETA - remember ppl are posting from all over the world, different time zones, so other ppls times may be different from yours anyway. I find it really confusing but I love this site so much I dont mind
I was thinking the exact same! I dont think we have an alternative to the sweetex etc in UK/Ireland but if we did I would definitely want to make this!I'm glad things worked out for you Julie. 5 in the morning?!?! wow!!!!Go get some sleep
Never used the sps but GOOD LUCK for tomorrow!!!!!!
Great tip. I may use that!"I made 4 gumpaste gerbera daisies. I tried to open a zip top bag and smashed one with my fist. I should just have 3 on the top right? plz tell me yes. I wanted 3 on top and one on the bottom of my 8" round fondant cake. P.S. I know that I should make extras...but the 4th one was my extra. I decided later to have a flower at the base."I'm making gerberas for a wedding cake in november. Going to start practising them soon. How did you find making...
well I havent used it to decorate yet because I let it settle overnight. but I might later today, but it was REALLY easy to make and looks so smooth. Tastes fantastic too. I decided not to leave it in the fridge like I normally (temperatures here atm are pretty cool) do so dont know whether that will affect it overall but I'll soon find out!
lol Yep. that'll do it!
I came online tonight to relax but something in my subconscious has been bugging me all week, something I wanted to do or try and reading a post on here tonight just refreshed my memory. I'm excited to make this stuff because all my recent cakes (using MMF and MFF) have had slight "elephant skin". Not that anyone but myself noticed, but I'm such a PITA when it comes to critiquing my own work.Going to use strawberry jello tonight because I want it to be red. Has anyone...