Posts by eve81

awwww Debbief that would be soooo cute for a baby shower cake! Joking aside it's not a bad first attempt. I rarely get a figure right on the first go
i would leave the main bulk of colour at the bottom tier and maybe incorporate the same colours again in the third from the bottom with a celtic pattern/knot around the border and add a claddagh to that tier as a symbol of their love. I can see it in my head anyway and think it would look nice without looking over the top
this is exactly how I would do it too. Plus I usually have an egg carton box on hand with a skewer stuck into it to make my characters. I make the head first because its the most intricate part and then make sure the body is the right size to go with it. If I were you i'd probably try it today or tonight and see how it goes. but doing each body part seperately and attaching is the less stressful way to go about it. Make sure you add a pic when you're done. I love...
well I dropped by my parent's house today and you'll never guess......cake still not cut! that's just bordering on the ridiculous. My sister was the only one there at the time and she said they were under instructions that my brother and his partner were the only ones allowed to cut it. So I rang my brother tonight and told him he'd need to cut it before it starts to grow legs and walk away.................I need to practice my "Mom" voice then for the next time!
you see, that's my worry too. They've all tasted my baking so I dont know if it's a case of "we may as well look at it because there's nothing special inside" or "ooooh its just too darn good to cut"
Suzi I just had to let you know that I used your cupcake recipe for the first time at the weekend for a friend of mine who has an egg allergy. It was actually my sons birthday and she was one of our guests. When I told her that all of the food at the party was egg-free, including the cupcakes, she almost cried. Everyone at the party thought they were delicious and my friend took the spare ones home. She just emailed me again to thank me for the cupcakes so I thought I'd...
I am in the lucky position that I bring most of my cakes to their destination and personally give them to the person they are for (because I'm not a professional just a hobbyist.) Recently I've been doing 2 cakes a week (october is a busy month) but how many cakes have i received feeback on? NONE!No-one will cut my cakes at the party they are for. It seems to have become a thing here that the cake is for decorative purposes only and will be cut at a later date....
brilliant review!!
Thank you for the kind and encouraging words. I did give myself a good shake and realised it was only a simple cake for my own son so I just scattered sweets on it to take the look off of the bad finish. Im sure he'll love it.Thanks again.
I made my son's 3rd birthday cake for his party tomorrow (or should I say today because it's 1am, I'm only finished and I have a heck of a mess to clean up)I decided to make him a train cake because he loves trains. I made some mud cake and ganache and fondant. I planned to cut the cakes into carriages and then ganached and cover. it was a disaster. the cake crumbled every time the ganache touched it. it was too soft (should have frozen it or made mini cakes. I spent...