Posts by durell87

oh and i think they also added in moisture after 3 days as a judging criteria as well!so does that all make sense?basically anyone who wants to submits there fav recipie for the type of cake were doing then once everyone has picked two recipies to bake and try you give a rating for the recipies you baked in each catagory as well as an overall score which will be tabulated at the end to find the very best of the scratch recipies!sounds fun!
you should be able to bake on thursday without any problems. id recomened putting a simple syrup on your layers tho just to help with moisture. ive also heard on here putting it in the fridge drys it out way faster then just sitting on ur counter. Is your filling perishable? Id say the buttermilk is fine once baked. also is this a choclate cake recipie your familiar with? im just asking becuase if this is your first time making this u might want to try a different one...
ok so these are the original rules posted by lita for the great yellow scratch off i just changed the dates a little bitHi Everyone. Here are the deadlines for the Great Scratch-Off...Yellow Cakes for the month of June:sept 30th: All ...?.. Cake Recipes MUST be in for entry into the Scratch-Off. Your selection of the recipes you are going to sample must be in by this time, also.oct 30th: All results must be posted, including pictures, if possible.Nov 5th: The results will...
Thanks I was thinking that but didn't want to get it to cinnaminy lol. I think ill go ahead and give it a try o and I think I posted this twice sorry
I just made marthas snikerdoodle cupc akes and find them a little dry. I was hoping to cover them up with a filling so it won't be as noticable just not sure what would go well with it. Any ideas would be great thanks![/u]
I just made marthas snikerdoodle cupc akes and find them a little dry. I was hoping to cover them up with a filling so it won't be as noticable just not sure what would go well with it. Any ideas would be great thanks![/u]
If we can get a couple more votes for which flavor to go for that'd be great! I'm leaning toward lemon because a carrot cake one had previously been started but not much results. Maybe someone who were in the fifst bakeoffs offer any advice on how to get this thing started!
Anyone it would b fun!
I think there's a really good one in the recipie section by cakeman raven. Please let us know which u used and how it came out!