Posts by durell87

Springlake cake. So officially its supposed to start the first but u can start baking anytime just try to take a pic of the crumb and write down ur observations so there nicw and fresh for the review!If we don't have any more submissions tho in the next day or two ill go ahead and get it started I'm way to impassient and its been awhile lol
what-a-cake yumm! think i might try ur guiness cake! do you have the conversions to cups for the flour and suger and whatnot by chance?
thanks guys! think im gunna have to get some and try them out!
thanks so you recommend them then?
ive seen these in the country kitchen sweetart store and i was wondering if anyone has used them and have any opinions on them?thankshttp://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/mini.aspx?ShopId=38&CatId=527&SubCatId=1590
ok thanks guys ya ive been just doing them by hand and they can get pretty big lol. I usually get the mini cupcake liners to put them in cause they have lots of pretty designs and the last batch i made was smores and they didnt even fit in them a little bit lol. think im gunna go on the hunt for a scoop so they can all be consistintly the same size lol
yes its definitly going to be hard to decide whichones to try! k so adavag if you remind me a litle closer to the 1st ill change it when i paste it into the bake thread ok!yay! im glad were getting a few more ppl! it will help with the best possible results! and its even more fun lol!
Tea-42 the submissions are still open and we would love for u to joinWhat-a-cake were doing spice cake and so far its regualr spice and a pumpkin spice cake variationLacklin that sounds great post it and we can add it to the listSo the offical bake date is the 1st with results due the last day of the month. We just didn't have any activity on this thread in awhile so I thought we were ready to bake however it looks like there's some more intrest so ill wait to start the...
what size scoop does everyone use?
ok guys sorry ive been gone awhile house has been sick.looks like so far our recipie list isSpice Cake #1• 2 cups cake flour• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon• 1 teaspoon baking soda• 1/2 teaspoon salt• 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature• 1 1/2 cups (packed) golden brown sugar• 4 large eggs, separated• 1 tsp vanilla• 1 cup buttermilkDirections:Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and...