Posts by durell87

Ok everyone I am so sorry for my delay the holidays have really got me running! Anyways so i think all reviews should be in by the end of december so we all have plenty of time to bake our recipes.here is the offecial start of the bake off. Ill re-list the general rules and then a list of the recipes. Please sign up for at least two so you can do a good comparison.Dec 30th: All results must be posted, including pictures, if possible.Jan 5th: The results will be tabulated...
Ok guys how's everyone doing? Lol getting crazy holiday busy yet? I think a good white cake recipe is very important so I'm thinking about extending this bake off what do u all think? I was thinking something like recipes n by the 14th u think that's tooo long? Then final rusults in by dec 30th? Need some input. Then we go back to monthly after that. Id really like this to be big and def don't want ppl not being able to participate due to time crunch especially cuz u have...
hhhmmmm all butter recipes so far. I might have to go on the hunt for some oil or shotning ones just to round out the different fats lol
ok so this is a recipe in the book confetti cakes by Elisa StraussVanilla Cake2 C. cake flour1 3/4C. plus 1 1/2teaspoons All purpose flour2 1/4t. Baking Powder1 C. (2 sticks) unsalted Butter3 C. granulated sugar3/4 t. salt1 Tablespoon. pure vanilla extract1 C (8 oz; 7 about 7 eggs) Egg whites or Pasturized liquid egg whites1 1/2 C. milkMethod:1. Preheat oven to 350 F. 2. In a large bowl, sift together the cake flour, all-pupose flour, and baking powder. Set aside.3. In...
K8memphis- I love sylvias yellow cake and cant wait to see your tweaked white version. do u just leave the yolk out and add more white? hmmm.... does it still have some of the shrinkage issue i tend to run into with her cake?lol sorry im excited!
white velvet is fine with me! as long as its white lol Ill still be going through all the recipes and trying to pick the best representations everyone so please don't get your feelings hurt if your recipe isn't picked. More likely there will be one very very close to yours that is picked. lol anyways i hope everyone is doing good! and i cant wait to get started baking!!!
i almost always use foil cupcake wraps or the rynalds already baked for you, which i think is the same as foil. anyways do you think cuz there foil they would seperate more when defrosting?
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-700958.htmlheres the link to enter the white cake recipes!!
Alright everyone lets get this White scratch off started!!! please enter your recipes and i will go through them and pick a couple different ones representing butter, oil, or shortening if applicable that way we will have a nice representation. I will also be limiting the final number of recipes to between 6 and 8 depending on how many are entered and how many people are planning on participating this round. I would love to have the recipes entered by the 5th but since...
daltonmom- lol love your idea but i think for the purposes of finding the best recipe limiting it to just one would probably work best. im kind of thinking white this month and maybe white choc next month? i always figure too once you have good staple recipes it isnt to hard to alter them to a different flavor such as turning a yellow cake into lemon. and yes i will definitly add a link to the new thread!!!