Posts by durell87

so hows everyone doing? have a good christmas? wow glad most of the holidays are over lol almost time to catch my breath! Anyways i was thinking we still have a lot of reviews to be entered so it might be a good idea to extend this. maybe mid january or end of january any suggestions? and yes i think the best way to judge a cake is un-iced and definitly un-filled. i think this will be stated in the next bake off rules. however since it wasnt stated at the beggining of...
I always recommend making it from scratch, frosting is just one of those things that tastes the best homemade! yummm! my own personal tip is i add about a Tablespoon of merangue powder to my icing and it crusts up well. I also find half butter half shortning seems to get the best taste with the best crust.
ya im an avid measuerer lol as well. ive tried to weigh things out but seem to have a hard time keeping all the numbers organized in my head lol maybe someday ill convert ive too heard it is much better or more accurate or something idk but i like measuring. ya even with it shrinking you cant beat that flavor it was perfect! yummmmm
i always use heavy whipping cream or the italian sweet cream creamer because it gives it a little something extra without completly changing the flavor. i also feel like it just overall makes it more special!
hmmm well Gerle i wish you could show me what i did wrong! lol. I will definitly be trying it again however because i really love the taste! ill get it eventually im sure. Maybe ill try when the babies sleeping, its very possible i was distracted and measured something off. Do you go by weight or measurements? hmm.....
Ok so i made the rebecca rathers white on white buttermilk cake. I have to say the flavor was absolutly perfect. in fact i didnt even want to put frosting on them because they tasted so good plain! Small problem though, my cupcakes had some sinking and some shrinking! oh i was soooo sad. anyways i ended up re making them and i still had the same problem although not as bad, any suggestions? This is definitly a recipe worth perfecting!1) Flavor was great! i give it a...
There are tons of forums on here dedicated to finding the best chocolate cake recipe. You can google chocolate cake cakecentral and some of them should come up. I think the hersheys recipe and the epicurious recipe are the highest ranked in many of the forums. Chocolate chips are always good added in. Just a note tho, if your batter is a thin consistency you need to spray your chocolate chips with some cooking spray then dust with flour so that they all dont sink to...
Thanks Vicki for putting the sign up sheet! i really appreciate all the help i can get!Gerle- great review! if you have a photobucket account or one of those free photo accounts you can upload your pics there and just post a link here. I think that has been found to be the easiest way to go about it. Again great review thanks i cant wait to bake my white on white cake now!
ok honey so the best way to go about it that i have found so far is to save all your reciepts and figure out about how much it costs you to make the cake then add in your hours at what rate you want. example if your supplies cost 30$ and it took you 8 hrs at 10$/hr it would be 80 + 30 to get 110.or cost out all your ingredients and figure out what you want to charge per serving. you can look up serving sizes per pan size on line. then add on set base charges for extra...
heres the link to the bake off sorry for the delay!http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-7001416.html#7001416