Posts by cindynes

I buy boxes from my local UPS store and a box that is 14"x14"x14" might work out for you. When the cake board is 12" then I place styrofoam wedges glued to the bottom of the box that will secure the cake board and it won't slip around when transporting. Hope this helps. Oh and I watched a video on youtube about making a cake box incase you might like to watch that too. And last but not least....the person driving MUST drive like a grandma and not a Nascar driver!!!! Good...
Good luck with this project. It looks like a lot of fun. I just wanted to give you a quick recommendation on the fondant you are going to make, and maybe your recipe suggests this, but after making the fondant, wrap the entire batch in plastic and seal well to allow it to set up over night. Then divide your batch into 1 pound blocks and wrap each really well in plastic wrap and then again with aluminum foil. When I make my fondant it seems to stay very fresh and soft for...
Yeah, Denise, that is what I was wondering about in the back of my warped mind! I am afraid of the softness and slippery quality of the cream. So, the white chocolate pudding mix with heavy cream makes better sense to me.   All this worry is for not.....turns out I won't be making this wedding cake afterall.  I'm going to take this news as good news and maybe dodging a bullet. I believe things happen for a reason, and just maybe I was not meant to make this cake. I'm...
Thank you all very much. I will keep all posts at hand. I knew you all would come through! 
I hope all my CC buddies will give their best input for me. I have a possible wedding cake I will be making in March of next year and it will be a 4 tier stacked cake that will be at an outside venue. The bride is talking about using bavarian cream and strawberries as a filling. I would like to know if this is a filling that will hold up  inside a buttercream cake, outside??? AND....can anyone direct me to the best tasting bavarian cream recipe that they have used...
@ addictive deserts...yes. their website is the only place to buy it. Maureen is the person who helped me and she was great to communicate with. Easy to order, got to me fast even with a thank you note from Maureen. Great customer service!
I have had my eye on this machine for a long long time. It wasn't until my husband watched me struggle with that (should I say it?......Wilton leveler) that he felt so bad for me and surprised me with a large Agbay and wished me a "Happy Christmas in July". Now my Wilton leveler will be in our next yard sale (cheap) lol. I totally recommend you save to get one, it will save you so much aggravation. I especially love that you can level a cake after you have stacked and...
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but whenever gumpaste flowers sit against buttercream for a period of time, the flowers tend to get soft. I guess they are absorbing the liquid from the buttercream. Therefore, I always decorate my cakes with my sugar flowers on site. I too am afraid that transporting them for the bumpy ride and getting soft makes for a disaster!! I also bring paper towels or a towel to lay of the cake table or display table so when I lay out...
And this is why I just love CC!!!! Thank you so much kelleym and jason_kraft for your help in response to my questions. I will hook up with the facebook site and look into the food safe program too. I have called my senator, congressman, and everyone I can think of to encourage them to see that this bill passes. So, far so good and I've got my finger's crossed that Gov. Brown does the right thing.Thanks again cake friends!
I have been trying to keep my eye on this Cottage Food Act for some time and since the last post on June 27 and the good new of passing the Senate, has anyone heard of anything else going on? The last post said something about some other hurdles. What kind of hurdles have to happen before it is signed by our Governor gets to sign it into law? I'd appreciate any updates anyone knows about. Thanks