Posts by marv

Thanks guys!
Hi, I'll be baking my own mini cakes or cupcakes for my own wedding and would need a really good, tested recipe for both chocolate and vanilla flavors. I baked some cupcakes/mini cakes last night using Duncan Hines Devils Choc. flavor but came out really soft and fluffy. I used a cup of mayonnaise in place of the oil and added a tbsp. of Hershey's cocoa powder. It was delicious but It's obvious that the cakes can't handle the fondant that I'm thinking of using to cover the...
Hi, I'll be baking my own mini cakes or cupcakes for my own wedding and would need a really good, tested recipe for both chocolate and vanilla flavors. I baked some cupcakes/mini cakes last night using Duncan Hines Devils Choc. flavor but came out really soft and fluffy. I used a cup of mayonnaise in place of the oil and added a tbsp. of Hershey's cocoa powder. It was delicious but It's obvious that the cakes can't handle the fondant that I'm thinking of using to cover...
hi TC! I hope your visit to the doctor went well. It must be caused by too much stress...take it easy and give yourself time to rest! I'll include you in my prayers.BTW, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY too!! BEST of LUCK to both of you!!Marv
Thank you all!!
I have posted the Spongebob BCT cake I did for my son's birthday. I've had a couple of issues with it but over all I'm so pleased with how they turned out!The cake was a chocolate and french vanilla (half top vanilla, half bottom choc.), so you get both flavors in each slice. Again, thanks to all who PM'd me and shared tips and pointers on making a nice BCT! You've been so helpful! Marv
thanks!! will try it next week.
Thanks for the quick response! I feel so stupid...uhhh!! I didn't realize that even if I use 2 9x13, I would still be getting one side of equal size. LOL!! I think I was not thinkin' well as I was watching news about what's happening at New Orleans.
How many cake mixes do I need to make a sheet cake about 18" x 26" (2- 9x13 side by side)? I would like to make one chocolate and the other one vanilla. Also, I have no extra freezer to put my cakes and I want to know if It's ok to bake the cakes tonight (party is on Sunday) and just put them wrapped with Saran on the fridge. Thanks,Marv
thanks! i'll try this one!