Posts by Gerle

Yes, she has listed various variations of the main cake recipe and she explains the science of what and why she did what she did.  I use only that white cake recipe now for a lot of cakes that I make by adding various other flavorings and additives to the recipe, as well as just the white cake by itself.  She did a wonderful job of researching and came up with a fantastic recipe.  I have so many people really praise my cakes when I use this recipe.  It is my go-to for white.
You could try SugarShack's buttercream recipe and smoothing technique.  Maybe that would work better for your smoothing.  I've tried it and it really works.
K8memphis....I like that explanation!  Unfortunately, it's also very fitting!  I've seen a lot of changes to CC since I joined.  Some good, some not so good.  There's also a lot of the more experienced cakers who were on here before that you just don't see any more.  I often wonder why.  I miss them and their expertise.  But there are also some that are still here that we can count on for some needed assistance.
Glad to hear it wasn't because you had a relapse!  I was afraid you might be sick again and was hoping that wasn't the problem.
Questio for CakeCraftCity......how long does it take to get from the UK and how bad are shipping fees?
I just tried emailing it to that address and it came back as undeliverable because it had been disabled or discontinued.  I'll try it one more time.
Here's the location to get the recipe from if you're interested:   https://www.etsy.com/listing/178952866/beyond-buttercreams-base-cake-recipes-by
You should get the recipe for FromScratchSF.  You need to pay for it, but it is well worth the cost.  She even provides variations for the cake.  She's selling it on Etsy.  I don't know exactlyhow Etsy works, but you can find her under either FromScratchSF or Beyond Buttercream.  It is my go to recipe for white cakes now.  
I have a tutorial for a diaper bag cake, but it was posted by lilmansmum.  The picture I have of the cake is in a soft green color with pastel strips on what would be the top flap of the diaper bag.  It's also got a baby bottle, toy yes, a pacifier and small baby shoes, in yellow and white, on the cake board.  I also have a picture of the same cake design in various blues with green and white accents.  Don't know if tis is the same one or not but if you'd like I can email...
There are definitely some changes to it; not to the recipe itself that I could see, but additional information about flavor variations and some other info that I can't remember right now.  Even though I have her recipe from when it was on her blog, I still purchased the newer version so I had all the information available and to support a small business.  I think it was definitely worth the cost.  I know she's gotten extremely busy, but I've been looking forward to her...