Posts by Gerle

vgray.....I hope you get your wish about the snow!
Definitely an agbay. So for hubby has said no, but since they now have the jr. one, he may cave. Other thing I'd like is an extra mixing bowl for my mixer. I'd like to not have to keep washing my bowl every time I mix something and need it to mix something else. Only problem is...I have a 7 qt Cuisinart and the bowl is $100!!! UGGGGHHH! Other than those items, I think I'm pretty well set for now.
I have one for both my KA and my Cuisinart. Love them! Starkie...I had that happen to mine, too. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get it replaced. I'd had mine for about 4 months. Didn't realize I could get it replaced until I had ordered and received a new one. Once I got to looking at the packaging on the new one, I called, and they asked me to send them a picture of the broken blade and I now have an extra one. Comes in handy when I'm doing lots of...
I have one for both my KA and my Cuisinart. Love them! Starkie...I had that happen to mine, too. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get it replaced. I'd had mine for about 4 months. Didn't realize I could get it replaced until I had ordered and received a new one. Once I got to looking at the packaging on the new one, I called, and they asked me to send them a picture of the broken blade and I now have an extra one. Comes in handy when I'm doing lots of...
Well, I'll hijack your thread and ask about white chocolate ganache as well. I was going to use it to cover cakes I'll be baking tomorrow for a baby shower and will then be covered with fondant. I've never covered a cake with ganache before, let alone white chocolate ganache. Do you whip it before using it to cover the cake, or do you just pour it over? See...I've never worked with it before either, so have questions myself. And how hard does it get? I don't want it...
Well, I bought a 7 qt Cuisinart last year and love it. I had KA before and still use it, but wouldn't trade my Cuisinart. I love the larger bowl and the timer, so when I'm making Indydeb's buttercream, I can set the timer and do other things. My KA is definitely one of the older ones in the pro line series and it still works beautifully, but I wanted a bigger bowl and at the time, the research I was looking at wasn't favorable to KA's new mixers, so chose between KA,...
Thank you everyone for your wonderful suggestions and help. I will have to look into those "hidden pillars". I have to laugh...started out with just 2 questions...but ended up with more! Oh well, 'tis life! Thanks again for your help. I shall see how it goes this Saturday. 45 minute ride on a windy road...here I come!
Thank you everyone for your wonderful suggestions and help. I will have to look into those "hidden pillars". I have to laugh...started out with just 2 questions...but ended up with more! Oh well, 'tis life! Thanks again for your help. I shall see how it goes this Saturday. 45 minute ride on a windy road...here I come!
I, too, put buttercream on the board before putting the cake on it. I didn't explain myself very well. What I was trying to ask (and hope I do a better job this time) was whether anything is placed on the bottom tier to keep the board from the top tier from slipping or moving around. When the bottom tier cake is frosted with buttercream, the board on the bottom of the top tier will stick to the buttercream, but when there's fondant on the bottom tier and I'm putting...
Thank you both for your responses. It will be fondant covered, both tiers. I do have those shelf liners to prevent cakes from moving around in the car and I drive a Honda Pilot so definitely have a flat place to place the cake. This is the first time I'm transporting a 2-tiered cake, though, so am so afraid it will slip as I've been told the road is very windy. Do you put anything on the bottom of the board for the top tier to help hold it in place on the bottom tier...