Posts by Gerle

All4Show, I purchased the DVDs and one of the starter kits and didn't realize the starter kit had the DVDs in it as well, so I have an extra set of the DVDs that I probably won't use, so if they do run short (even on a temporary basis) I have a set someone can have.
Me too! I haven't had a chance to look at them yet as I've been busy baking and decorating a birthday cake. I hope to get a chance this weekend as I have to deliver the cake tomorrow to my sister and we're going to have lunch together as well. So maybe tomorrow afternoon or Saturday. Time will tell, but I'm very excited to finally have them!
Thanks JGMB. I was just going to ask you for the recipe. I can't wait to try this cake!
Personally, I'd go with the 7 qt Cuisinart. I've had it for a year now and it's been wonderful! I love the timer on it and use it often, and I have plenty of room for those extra large batches of buttercream or cake batter. I read a bunch of reviews on KA before purchasing last year, and after reading all I did and hearing some comments from others on CC who had bad experiences with KA, I decided to go with the Cuisinart and haven't regretted it yet. I have one of the...
It'd be nice to see a cottage food law in CA, but I have a feeling it's probably going to be the strictest in the nation. CA can't seem to give the "little people" much of a break. Just ask small business owners. But hopefully something will be passed that will help those who would like to bake at home and make a bit of money to help in these hard economic times.
I guess I'm not understanding your response. If the first row of petals is done and you're coming upon the last row to do, how do you do it from right to left and keep all the petals facing the same direction? I'm left handed, but I use my right to pull the petal from the dot, so basically I am going from the left to the right to make the petal effect. I just can't seem to get the last row in without messing up the original first row. Or are you talking about pulling...
I have a silly question. I've done a couple petal cakes and I like the way it looks.....except for the end where I have to match up the first row that is made with the last row that is made. How do you have the 2 come together and look nice? I usually make a row of 5-6 dots going down the side of the cake (depending on the size of the cake) and use the spatula to spread them a bit. I do fine with each subsequent row until I get to the very last row that meets with the...
Until I sat down to take a break, I was in my spare room trying to organize all my cake stuff. I didn't even know where to start! I have a hall closet full of cake pans of all sizes and shapes, muffin tins, cupcake tins, cooling racks, and boxes and boxes of cutters, veiners, you name it! I even found myself buying something that I thought was "new", only to find that I already had it buried in my spare room!! So there are a few things that I have duplicates of. I've...
vgray.....I hope you get your wish about the snow!
Definitely an agbay. So for hubby has said no, but since they now have the jr. one, he may cave. Other thing I'd like is an extra mixing bowl for my mixer. I'd like to not have to keep washing my bowl every time I mix something and need it to mix something else. Only problem is...I have a 7 qt Cuisinart and the bowl is $100!!! UGGGGHHH! Other than those items, I think I'm pretty well set for now.