Posts by ellawillow

Hi Bluehue,   So I just read your post about 'never ever putting mud cake in the fridge' and my first thought is 'Eeeeeeeek' as this is what I have always done...and it is usually for a few days before I ice it.  When I say I put it in the fridge - it is when I first make it....wrap it a few times in cling wrag and then pop in a freezer bag and into the fridge.  Sometimes it is in for a few days - others just overnight.  What should I be doing?  Also is it ok to freeze it...
Don't like it one little bit - big thumbs down from me
Eeeeeeeek - I am having 'heart palpitations' just reading this.........I rang the girl that I got it off today and asked if I could swap it for two 7kgs of Bakels today and just pay the difference and she said that was fine.........phew I am just to nervous to use it... At worst I would have just used if for figures etc but is an expensive fondant to use for figures when I can get Bakels cheaper.Evoir can I just add your cakes are BEAUTIFUL P.S. Applegum Pam I bought...
Evoir - I can't help you at all with why but exactly the same thing has been happening to me. Have not been doing anything different but am getting this bubbling - and is later as well so like you said, impossible to fix. I have used Pettinice up till just recently but bought a 10kg tub of Satin Ice on advice from others that it was better. And I have had this trouble. Have finished that first tub but bought another 10kg Satin and 7kg Bakels. Am going to give the...
Thank you for the link imagenthatnj. Even though I was semi-aware it was ok to freeze I had never read that thread before so it was great to get all that information. Lol now I want to freeze eveything.....would really help out an unorganised person like myself Thanks heaps - you always give great advice on here
I would love to know how much baking soda to add as well FromScratchSF. Say if you were making a little figurine would you just add a pinch to it or does it have to be a really good amount? Also if you were just using the pink in fondant you were putting on a cake - will it effect the taste if you add a bit to the fondant?? Sorry about all the questions but I am very curious about this one. Thanks in advance FromScratchSF
Well said vtcake
Hahaha - love it
Those replies are correct.....storage in in a cardboard box in a cool, dark place (some people use airtight containers but I have read where some say they tend to 'sweat' in airtight plastic).....cardboard allows them to breathe. Before storing, if they have been on a cake make sure you wipe the bottom clean and let them dry. They will last for ages.....rodents, ants etc should not get not them as they seal once they dry. Just be aware however that some colours do...
Hahaha - Kendall it is true, you do automatically want to sing that line. I have nothing to add of any importance, just could tell you were Aussie. Your reply made me both smile and nod my head....same weird sense of humour (Oh and another LEO I see.....good stuff).....I am surprised anyone got a lime on any cats head....being 'supreme creatures' that they are it must have been a dog behind it