Posts by JPMitchell

Hey Ladies!! I have a bit of a situation over here! First time this has happened but I wanted to get you all's take on it.. Earlier I completed a 3 tiered chocolate square topsy turvy cake. Well I just checked on it and it has cracked! The middle tier cracked completely the chocolate cake was not dense enough well I started taking them apart and the bottom tier is cracked a little too, but possibly salvageable? So Now it is 12am, and the cake is due at 10am... I...
I actually was thinking of using carmijok idea. I know that sometimes other bakeries will price check, but I have a basic pricing list that she could easily find. I'm just thinking that it was very odd, because, if reversed I would have identified my self and that I was inquiring for a customer, if that was the case.. It was just weird to me, and that is time I have to put into researching and writing up a quote for her. All of these had crossed my mind though... I do...
I thought the same... maybe they were not able to fufill the order and was inquring for the customer. However she didn't used her name and she didn't identify that it was that business contacting me. She also made as thought she had pictures of "his" instruments, it just seemed as though she was playing as a customer... it's just funny.
lol carmijok!!! That's a good one! They wanted to order a cake, they listed flavors, serving size, the location, date, and design... Pretty much giving me everything inorder to return a quote.. I really just don't want to give in to her, based on princples. I just thought it was funny that she used the businesses email address.
So after drawing several blanks as to what to do about this I decided it was best to ask my cc ladies! I just received an odd email, I thought it looked way to edited and rehearsed and sure enough... I got to the bottom and the email address was to another cake decorating business. I'm not sure as to how I want to go about the situtation... I don't want to oblige them by replying, but what if they reply under a different email address? So heres how I think it could...
ailika I so know what you mean!!! Bought mine last summer and was super excited, but I never really used it! I've been looking for my USB cord for it to plug it into the computer to see what I could figure out. I sooo wish I would have bought a silhouette..... Oh the regret! I just hope this posting will help people who are looking for a machine cutter! I will fess up one of these days and buy a silhouette..
Hey ladies!!! Saw the post and of course i'm up again! Can't remember the last friday where I got a chance to go to sleep early!! I've crumb coated my last order and am about to cover with fondant, some decorations cut out... Hopefully I can sleep in a little in the morning!! Fingers-crossed!!! Good Luck all you other FNCC ladies!!!
I saw those two programs, but didn't know if they would work! I guess I could run the trials to see. I just saw the cricut craftroom thing they are starting. Yea, it is free, but the fun thing is it lets you choose from all the cricut designs and then tells you where to buy them to use it!!!! So crazy! It is like the gypsy but it tells you what cartiladge you need to buy to make it. Definitely don't care if the warranty is voided because I'm sure i've done that...
About a year ago, I purchased the Cricut cake for all the features. I used it maybe once last year and swore at myself for spending the money on the machine. Well, I've used it more and more in the last month and I'm kind of liking it. However, the cartiladges are out the roof expensive for only a few things that would be useful to cake decorators. I don't care if one is 25.00-30.00 on ebay and where ever (80-90 at michaels!!), it still adds up if all you really want...
Secretagentcakebaker it is for 3d cakes, the one I saw was a dragon cake and they used copper pipes through the middle of the cake!!! Lol, but I'm pretty sure that copper pipes is actually the way to go in plumbing these days!!