Posts by bnmusician

I saw something on tv tonight. A cake decorator made an edible coral reef for an ocean themed cake out of confections sugar and egg whites and put it on the microwave. I was wondering if anyone knows what the ratio of confections sugar is to the egg whites?? And how long to you microwave it for?
This is great! Thank you! Would you happen to know where to find a tutorial for Lilacs?
I see many cakes on here with beautiful, perfect fondant letting. Are they using letter molds? If so, does anyone know where I can find them? (Im not talking about using cutters)If they arent using molds, how are they making the letters SO perfect every time?
@chelleb1974 , Thank you!! Im the next town over from Rockland. Sounds perfect! I sent you a pm.Becky
Thanks, Ally. I will try to Google it again.All Ive found are classes at Le cordob Blue or college courses. Which, I would like to do someday but right now I just want to take a few classes. I took the classes at Lorraines in Hanover. They were just the basic Wilton classes that you can find almost anywhere. They were good for a beginner, but I want something more advances if I can find it.Where in Providence???
I took the Wilton courses a few years ago. I am looking for classes that are more current and advanced. I have looked online and all I keep finding are college courses in Boston. I keep seeing, here on CC, people saying they have taken cake classes with certain teachers and they post the most amazing pictures of thier cakes! I cant seem to find anything like that around here.Can anyone point me in the right direction please??Im also looking for classes to learn how to do...
@Lakin, Do you have any other recipes for BC? I have one I use all the time and people love it, but Im curious as to what you might use. If you dont mind sharing.Thank you for the tip on the pans. I will look around and see what I can find. My pans seem ok, but Ill see what else might be out there.Thank you both for your tips.
Thank you. I do use BC under it. Im just struggling with the end result. lol. I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum section.
Apparently, my picture did not post. I will try again.
Ive been decorating cakes for a little over 2 years now. I love working with fondant. I tend to gravitate to it more than buttercream. I have yet to figure out how to get a clean, sharp line at the edge of the top of the cake. Ive tried rolling the fondant thinner, it didnt work. I always get a rounded edge. The top is always flat and the sides are great. Its just the edge going from the top to the sides. Its always rounded. Am I making sense? Can anyone give me any tips...