Posts by Dani1081

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ EVERYTHING she said!! Always transport a chilled cake and NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER put a cake in the trunk of a car!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It depends on the cake, but I usually transport my cakes partially assembled.  For example, I transport a 4 tier cake in two parts - bottom two tiers stacked and top two tiers stacked. I stack the two parts at the venue, finish the decorations, borders, etc., where they are stacked and I'm done.  Even if you don't have access to the cake stand, you have your bottom tier a cake board, right?  And your imbc roses will work fine made ahead of time and chilled or even frozen...
Hi rebecca!  I looked at your photos and only saw 4 cakes, so hopefully you've made WAAAAAAAAY more cakes than that if you are considering going into business.  Your cookies are cute and so are your cake balls.  The birthday cake that you have posted has nice flowers on it. Did you make those?  Your frosting on that cake is not smooth, but I assume that you do know the basics of smoothing buttercream. From your pics, I can't tell if you have the experience and skills to...
John, your cake is beautiful! Great job! and I agree with you - better too much cake than not enough.  Especially if your bride paid for 150 servings....you should get what you pay for = 150 servings, not 130.  Gorgeous cake, once again! 
Wires in cakes.....haven't we discussed this before?  LOL!  If I have wires, I stick them in little coffee stir straws and stick those in the cake.  I've really started using skewers instead...they are bamboo and you buy them in the store in pkgs of 100 or so. They are for shish kabobs and are meant for food. They can be painted with food colors if you need a certain color.  I've NEVER heard of any one taping wire with floral tape and then sticking that into a cake! UGH! I...
I love tutorials for basic instructions, so I'm so happy that there are other people out there that are willing to help and share.  I started decorating 4 years ago. I took classes, googled everything, read every book, online class, article, and you tube video I could get my hands on.  And I practiced. And practiced. and practiced.  And I NEVER took an order for something that I didn't know for SURE, one hundred percent, that I knew how to do.  I'm with AZCouture...people...
The only way to achieve shiny silver (not gray) is to pipe it in royal icing and then paint it with silver luster dust mixed with vodka. Since you're putting it on non crusting buttercream though, that could be a problem.  I can't see your picture so I have no idea what design you are using, but another option is to use fondant in the shapes you need, and paint them with silver luster dust. 
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, my 6 QT Kitchenaid.  I will never, ever be without one again.  It's loud, but it's mighty!
I totally agree with this!!  I see a lot of cakes on here with actual glass rhinestones stuck to the fondant. BAD BUSINESS right there.  They had better be serving that cake and making sure they don't miss a single one of those babies, otherwise they are liable for damages (real and imagined!).  I don't know a single person in the world that thinks a glass rhinestone is edible, so that wouldn't really be a legal defense.  Stick with the edible things that are available and...
I use whatever I have on hand....buttercream icing, straight peanut butter, nutella, jelly, preserves - it really depends on what I want them to taste like.  You can use store bought frosting - sure.  The key is not using too much of whatever you use.  Just enough to make a stiff dough - similar to cookie dough.