Posts by zespri

condensation would only form if you left the cookies exposed to the air. If they are wrapped up air-tight, and preferably inside another container, any condensation will form on the container, NOT the cookies.I have never tried it with cookies, btw, I just know this because the same rule applies to cakes.
I guess that answers that question then, despite having the same ingredients Copha and Kremelta musn't be prepared the same way. The temperature is 25 in my house today, I just pulled out my Kremelta, scraped some out with a knife, then smeared it on a surface as if I was spreading butter on toast, no problem at all.
That's really interesting auzzi. So I guess 'hydrogenisation' is what they mean by 'hardened'. The temperature at my house was around 25°C yesterday when I was using it. I know because I was on the verge of turning the air conditioner on all morning, so kept checking the temp When I say 'peanut butter', I mean it was easy to take out of the container (in winter I have to scrape it out), and when I put it in a little bowl and smooshed it with a spoon it became spreadable...
Interesting.... do you know why? I recently made some cream cheese frosting for the first time and used lite cream cheese. It was sloppy, and I blamed it on the lite cream cheese. Now I'm wondering if it was not room temperature. I don't recall if it was room temperature or not, but wouldn't be surprised if I used it straight from the fridge. It would be interesting to know WHY it would not be firm if it's prepared cold....?
I can't seem to find the reference for this advice, I suspect it might be Bakewise (book) but as I got it out of the library can't double check. But in any case, I seem to remember reading that if your oven is on too high a temp, the cuppies will rise up quickly, but not have enough structure to maintain that dome once they have cooled. I'm starting to doubt my memory though, after reading the tips here:CAKE SINKS IN THE CENTER -- batter over mixed- too much fat and/or...
Yes, it will harden back up if you melt it, but that might be the only way to make it usable for you. Did you consider my suggestion of adding some whipped coconut cream into it to make it fluffier?
Yay! I actually have no idea if they are the same flavour. I have had tres leches cake with dulce de leche filling, but never dulce de leche cake. My friend tells me dulce de leche is beloved by the spanish community, so maybe she will see this as an acceptable alternative. There is a recipe in sky high cakes for one, I've been meaning to try it for ages.
You know how in the U.S.A. when people talk about shortening they are usually referring to Crisco? Well we don't have that stuff here, we have a product called Kremelta. It's consistency is NOT like crisco, but in my opinion it's much better for you (as the only two ingredients are hardened coconut oil and soya based lecithin), and it tastes better as it's coconut. Again, just my opinion!Whenever a recipe calls for shortening, that's what I use, and I love it. In...
Auzzi, I sometimes use it to make buttercream, and have used it in the heat of summer. Mine is 'hardened coconut oil', not sure how they harden it. But as I said, it's texture without all the sugar etc in it is like peanut butter, so once the sugar is added in I guess it provides stabililty.Not sure what the O.P. used though, maybe not hardened?
Someone has compiled an extensive list here:http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-672099.htmlAlso, Maisie Parrish has some DVD's out on the topic. I am part way through watching them, but I'm not very far in yet so can't give an opinion just yet:http://www.maisieparrish.webeden.co.uk/#/dvd/4548507702